• Part 23 •

"George? George are you here?" I asked as I stood in the water source room.
No answer. I walked out and went to the toilet.

I stepped in and heard some sobs. "George?" I asked. The sobbing stopped. "Karl?" He said in a broken but soft voice.

"George are you okay?" I asked. There was no answer but George came out of the toilet with a smile on his face.
I looked at him with concern.

"George are you-"

"I'm fine." He said. "George, you're not." I said softly. "Yes I am." He said.

"No you're not."

"Yes, I am." He said, his smile gently fading away.

"No you're not. But that's okay.."

George's smile was completely gone now and there were tears in his eyes.
"You're a good friend." He said as he completely burst into tears.

"Come here." I said as I opened my arms. He dropped himself to me and cried on my shoulder.

We sank down gently and just sat against the wall. I held him close in a tight hug as he tried to calm down.

-

It took a moment for George to calm down but in the end he just sobs a bit.
"I just don't get it. Am i so wrong?" He asked as his head was on my shoulder and my arm around his shoulder.

"No, no not at all. I think you did the right thing but Clay just didn't see it coming." I said. "But why didn't he do anything. He...like just sat there waiting for me to stop, like I just didn't exist.
Or something? I don't know.."

"No, I think he was just panicking.
Don't you think?" I asked. "Honestly,
I don't know what to think... Or what I was thinking... I am such an idiot..." He said. "No, hey, Clay is just a jerk." I said.

"A handsome jerk." Sighed George. "Uhm... he's alright." I joked. George gigelde.

"Thank you." He said. "Of course."
I hugged him tight before we had to go back to the boys.

{ Clay's pov }

"He's been there for a while now." I said. "Leave him, can you help me for a moment. I walked over to Nick and grabbed the food and we slowly lifted it to the table.

We put it down on the table. "What would they be talking about?" I asked.
"I don't know. Can you give that to me?" He said. I handed him a bottle of water that was still standing next to the tent.

"Maybe he-"

"Clay if you really want to know what they're doing go check it out." He said sarcastic. I looked back at the gravel path. "Be right back." I said as I walked to the toilet. "I was being sarcastic!" He said but I ignored it.

-

I had already looked but couldn't find them. Then I looked at the toilets.
I walked in and heard a few sniffles.

"I just don't get it. Am i wrong?" I heard the beautiful brunet say. I wanted to walk in but decided to wait a little longer so I hid behind the corner.

"No, no not at all. I think you did the right thing but Clay just didn't see it coming." Karl said. "But why didn't he do anything. He...like just sat there waiting for me to stop, like I just didn't exist. Or something? I don't know..."

"No, I think he was just panicking.
Don't you think?" Karl asked. "Honestly,
I don't know what to think... Or what I was thinking... I am such an idiot..." George said.

I sighed softly and quietly walked out of the toilet while the two continue talking for a while. I walked back to Nick.
"There you are, did you find them?" Asked Nick. "Um, no I didn't find them." I lied. "Well thanks to you I had to do everything alone." He said as he put the chopped vegetables in a pan. "Oh sorry, was it a lot of work?" I asked. "No, but a helping hand was welcome."

"Hey, look who we got there!" Nick said cheerfully. I turned to see Karl and George carrying the bucket of water together.

"Ah, you've got the water!" Nick said as he took the bucket over and put it next to the cooking fire. He scooped some water into the kettle with a cup.

"Where were you?" Clay asked. "Just go get some water." Said Karl. "Dinner is ready, I'll just boil some more water and then we can eat. Since I've cooked, you set the table." said Nick. "Aw my sweetheart made dinner and is tired now." Karl said as a joke in a squeaky voice, he stood next to his boyfriend and hugged him.

"Yes I am tired." He sighed as he threw an arm around Karl. "We have already gone to fetch the water." Said Karl. Clay sighed. "Fine." He picked up a few plates and got to work.

-

After they had filleted chicken with fried vegetables, the weather didn't look too good.

"I think it's going to storm." Said Nick.
"Yeah it doesn't look good." said Karl. "Let's put our stuff inside just to be safe." Clay said. "Good idea." said Karl. The four did their best to put everything in the car.

Just in time because it just started to rain. "We'll sit in the car and wait for it to stop raining." Said Nick. They made their way to the car and sighed. "Too bad about the weather."

"Yes indeed." They sighed. "We can watch a movie." George said. "Good idea." Nick grabbed the iPad they kept in the car and put it on. "What shall we watch?" He asked. "I don't know.. Maybe something like comedy?"

"Or horror?" Karl said in a spooky voice. "No thanks, I want to sleep tonight." Said Nick. Karl laughed. "Fine. Scroll through." He said. Nick did as he said. "Oh, we can also watch the series Brooklin 99. It's funny and action at the same time."

"Sounds good." Said Clay.

~✈︎~

Words: 1011