The Doctor Is In

AN: a short chapter showing when Finn got his casts removed.

Sitting on a table, Finn almost regretted his decision. Maybe he should have let MoonBeam try to cut it off. As he looks upwards to a tall, toned, masked man, fear strikes him.

"This is ol' Jackie, he'll fix you up in a jiffy!" MoonBeam says, sitting across the room from the other.
'I'm not sure he's going to want to, "fix me" '

Jack comes forwards with a sharp looking utensil and places it against one of the casts, he easily cuts through it, not making a singular sound, his blue gloves being noticeable in the light.

It creeped Finn out, watching the male do it. This 'Jack' guy seemed to be the shy type, or at least the kind of person to not really talk. Other than the mask, he couldn't tell if there was anything wrong with him, like what MoonBeam had mentioned before. He seemed to be a perfectly capable, almost humane 'person'. But of course he wouldn't know until he saw Jack's face. If he saw it. Which scared Finn, quite a lot.

As soon as the first cast was completely off, he breathed a sigh of relief, moving his ankle around without pain.
'Thank the gods' his mind thought, relieved that his leg looked completely normal and not messed up.

When Jack put the blade to his other cast he began to get nervous once more, scared to see what his leg was going to look like, he hoped it wasn't too messed up, he really hoped Jason didn't fuck it up too badly... which was a possibility because the toymaker was strong, inhumanely strong.

There was no sound coming from either Jack nor Finn. Though he watched the masked man silently. MoonBeam on the other hand, was staring directly at Finn, he didn't know why.

"So, are you going to talk or what? You both are as quiet as a mouse"

No response, from either. Jack looked too busy to reply and Finn just didn't have the guts to do it.

"Fucking hell, Jack why don't you tell the boy what you're doing. He looks pale as shit" MoonBeam says again, motioning to the masked man.

Halfway through the process of cutting off the other cast, Jack sighs. A normal, human-like sigh, then goes quiet holding the tool.

"Well, as you can see" He begins, his voice deep, and laced with another tone that Finn couldn't quite grab but it settled under his skin uncomfortably.
"I'm just slicing the cast, you're almost done, and then I want to see how you can walk.. then we'll be done."

Finn nods his head as the masked man looked up, before nodding to himself qnd finishing the cast ever so slowly.

"Well that's better man" MoonBeam nods, Finn supposed he accepted that explanation.

--

"Alright it's finished, get up and walk around. If you feel weak that's normal, you're going to have to get that leg strength back" Jack says suddenly, leaning back and tossing the now cut up casts towards a table.

"Okay" Finn replies, standing up from the table and leaning off of it. His legs felt wobbly, almost like jello. He wasn't used to having his legs exposed, it had been so long since he could walk normally and now he could do that again, even if it wasn't going to be for long walks yet.

He took a few steps, placing his feet in a way that he could catch himself if he did lose his balance or even fall. Which didn't end up happening, but it was still quite nerve wracking. Going back towards Jack was harder though, his legs were getting tired.

Sitting down, Jack applauds him quietly.
"Good job, you're pretty strong for having not walked for a few months" He pauses, "I'm going to get out of here, Jason didn't want me staying long. Good luck with..him. he's a strange one, I just hope he doesn't kill you"

With that, he walks out, the casts on his hand, likely going to be tossed away somewhere else.

'Jason still wants to kill me? Even that talk we had? No, Jack can't possibly know what's going on'

"So, let's go. Jason wanted to hangout with you remember? Come on" MoonBeam interrupts, motioning for Finn to follow.

"Alright, alright let's go"