A Beam of Moon Light

Staying in the same room everyday tended to be quite a boring experience, Finn had absolutely nothing to do, and the dolls rarely visited. They only came to check on him Maybe three times a day. If not less. So instead of sulking, Finn decided to rest and sleep away most days.

It got to the point where Finn didn't know what time of day it was, what day of the week, or even the month. It's not like he could check his phone, because guess what, it was broken and had disappeared from his side after waking up in this stupid room with his legs broken and in casts.

After the incident with Jason, he hadn't come back to talk to him. And Finn kind of missed him, well.. the him before he hurt the other. The Jason that would spend late nights talking about his stupid little creations, and his stupid shop, and his stupid.. stupid home.

It didn't matter now, Finn couldn't take that back now, he felt so torn apart by the issue. Because he loved Jason, as a friend..obviously, but he hurt him and wanted to kill him. His instincts told him to hate the toymaker, but his heart strings told him no, and to be more open about the situation. It made Finn so, so angry. To the point he'd cry or hit himself.

So all in all, sleeping helped him escape the conflicting thoughts that drove him mad. Along with the constant ache in his legs.

--

The familiar scent of dust fills his nostrils as he's brought back into reality by his waking body.
Finn yawns, stretching his arms above his head hearing a few pain relieving pops come from his back and neck.

Sitting up, he scoots back against the wall, moving his pillows to be comfortable. Something shifts under Finns blanket and he freezes.

"Well now that you've noticed me, can you let me the fuck up?" A small voice hisses from underneath the fabric.

"Huh-"

"Let me up! Idiot, the blanket. Use your brain and lift the blanket"

Finn confusingly lifts the blanket to see a small cow stuffed animal sitting there. Though it wasn't moving, talking, or doing anything that was out of the ordinary. He pulls it out from under anyways and places it in his lap.

"Did you just talk to me-?"
.
.
.
.
No response, okay... what the fuck? Studying the cow suspiciously, he notices a small note attached to his ear, reading;

'Dearest Finn, it's Jason. I've decided to make you a companion as an apology gift. I am terribly sorry for leaving suddenly like that a few weeks ago, but I thought it was for the best.
Love, Jason:D'

Finn read over the message multiple times before sneering. A gift? Why? Was the toymaker really sorry? Or was he just playing another game. Finn couldn't tell.

From the way that Jason could make his dolls alive, it seemed like he hadn't put that much effort into it. Or if he did Finn couldn't figure it out. He thought that maybe he was still half asleep and was hearing things, because the cow seemed to be perfectly fine now.

Scoffing he tossed the toy to the other side of the room, turning away and lying back down to sleep again.

"Excuse me bitch? Why did you just toss me"

Rolling over, Finn comes face to face with the cow stuffed animal who had its hands on its hips and its eyes were squinted.

"Well?" It snorts, glaring daggers at him.

Shrieking, Finn lashes out smacking the Cow across the room. It lands on its back with a gasp.

"Are you serious? How rude are you?! I was just tryin' to introduce myself" it squeaks, Rolling over and hopping back up.

"You're Finn right? Ridiculous name"
.
.
.

"Can't you talk?" It grumbles.

"Oh- uh- hey-?" Finn replies after his initial shock faded away. He knew he should've kept his thoughts to himself, now he had to deal with a live stuffed animal that was cursing at him? Jesus, so he stuttered out;
"You're..alive?"

"No way, I thought I was fuckn' dead- obviously I'm alive otherwise I wouldn't be standing here talking"

"I've got to be high right now.."

"Don't think so sunshine, anyways Jason calls me MoonBeam. Cringe I know, but it's whatever I guess"

"Oh my godd" Finn mumbles, holding his head.

"You good? I was sent here to be nice to you or like- be your friend. I dunno Jason made me for your dumbass" Moonbeam shrugs, jumping on the bed and taking a seat.

"So, you're going to stay here?"

"Yeah pretty much, until you're healed"

"Oh, why?" Finn was so confused by all of this, why on earth did Jason give him a talking stuffed animal. It's not like he had things to say.

"He didn't want you to go crazy, ya'know since you can't walk or.. anything" Moonbeam snickers, looking towards the uncovered casts on Finns legs.

The black haired male flushed embarrassed at the fact he couldn't walk.

"Hey shut up!" He yells, frowning.

"Damn sorry man, don't get all defensive, I was kidding" He holds his 'hooves' up in defense, a smug tone lacing his voice.

"Okay whatever, I don't care right now. So Don't bother me" Finn hisses, glaring at the cow. Moonbeam giggles

"Well what're you going to do, sleep?"

"Yes."

"Oh, well I will too then" the toy shimmered over to Finn and plopped himself down in the males lap.

"Night" was all he said before going still and lifeless. It was almost freaky, but Finn could care less.
He rolls his eyes but sighs, holding the now still stuffed animal to his chest and turning over to sleep at least a little bit more. Just in case it was truly a dream he was in.

--

"Good, good they like each other. Thank you my trustful companion"
Jason's pet wind up mouse squeaks in appreciaten, glad to help their maker.

Hopefully, if Moonbeam did what he was made for, Jason would soon see friendship with Finn again. But, the cow was strange, most of his stuffed animals couldn't talk, he even made it without a mouth, yet here he was, speaking. The recording of their conversation from the mouse proved it to be true. But the toymaker could care less at this moment, he was only looking towards his own future.

'He will get over it'

'I will have him back in my life as it was before. Maybe even better'