A Small Irritation

Getting Finn to be trusting towards Jason again was like a rat escaping from a trap.

Nearly impossible.

Or at least it seemed impossible, Jason was a determined man. He was always like that, ever since childhood. That is why he stuck with trying to change Finns mind about him. Longer than he had anyone else before, the toymaker had no idea why he wanted to do this, maybe for the thrill, or maybe even for the challenge. And this one was the hardest of them all.

After learning that MoonBeam could speak, he decided that keeping him close to Finn would be a good idea, as long as the stupid cow didn't say anything that would further prove to go wrong with his plan.

If that happened, Jason was sure he would destroy him, or at least figure out a way to keep his mouth shut.

Three months has passed since Finns legs were broken, three months since Jason last talked to him, three months, his plan had failed.

He had Liquorice, his trustful mouse companion that helped him spy on the two in that room he had locked Finn away in. Liquorice would always bring either great news or terrible news, and it had gotten so bipolar that Jason thought he was going to explode from how pissed he was getting. One moment, Finn would talk about how 'great' He was, and then the next it would be either him sobbing, training himself how to walk again, since his legs weren't damaged too severely, or not even talking about Jason at all!

He hated it. He hated Finn not thinking about him. Jason was perfect, he should be at least speaking of him every so often, he should have thanked Jason for the gift of MoonBeam but no, nothing of that sort. It was extremely, irritating.

--

Late one evening, Jason had some dolls preparing dinner, when the redhead had a fairly good idea.
"Maid" He claps his hands once, and Danie, appears out of seemingly nowhere.

"Sire" she dips her head, looking to the floor, as she often did when he asked of her.

"Go fetch the boy, I want to have dinner with him. As I do so miss him, clean him up as well." he replies, scooting his fancy wooden chair inwards at a long table, he had other dolls set up a few candles here and there, to make the table seem more.. suitable.

The doll strolls to the door qnd unlocks it lightly tapping.
"Finn, may I come in?"

"You may" was his response, cut off by MoonBeam sighing loudly.

Once in the room, she gave a soft smile.
"You are requested in the dining room, with Sire. You cannot say no, I'm afraid. Have you the ability to walk yet? Or use those crutches?"

MoonBeam shoots a suspicious look towards the doll, then back to Finn.

"In this?" He asks with disdain.

"Shut up" Finn hisses through his teeth at the cow toy, earning a scoff from him.

"No, I have clothes here" Danie placed them neatly on the bed. It was a simple copper colored dress shirt with black dress pants (though loosely cut at the end for the casts).

"Oh that's some real nice clothes, real snazzy like" MoonBeam nods in approval, speaking more for Finn than Finn could himself.

"I will unlock the door when you are finished, if you need help, you only have to a-"

"He's got it lady, get lost" The cow sneers, his plush hooves pointing at the door. Danie only shakes her head and waits outside.

-

Once Finn has finished changing, he felt his hair and how absolutely disgusting and matted it was. He would most definitely need a shower soon. Though he didn't know where he could take one, especially with the casts.

Danie hands him his crutches that MoonBeam requested for Finn. The black haired male taking them and somehow keeping his mostly healed legs balanced in weight.
The doll leads them down a corridor and into a simplistic room, though ever expensive looking. Finn takes a moment to appreciate the new scenery, noting how lonely his eyes had been the last three months of seeing nothing but the same walls and door.

The dining room was gorgeous, Finn had to admit. Suddenly, he felt the feeling of eyes being set on him. He looks to his left and there, the mahogany haired toymaker sits, his face pleasant, and cheerful. Much to Finns complete opposite. He was dreading this. He didn't want to be here. He didn't want to be nice to Jason, but..his heart couldn't be mean. Even if he wanted to. So instead he gave Jason a smile back, cringing deeply inside from his lack of self worth.

"Good evening darling, it had been quite some time.  Hasn't it?" Jason begins, his eyes half lidded, looking through his lashes.

"It has, thank you for the gift" Finn replies, almost monotonously.
'God, why is he so pretty, his eyes, the way he's looking at me' thoughts spiral through his head, and he begins to feel nervous, his face becoming hot.

"You’re welcome. So, I see you can use the crutches I helped get, good. That is promising"

The small talk was NOT helping keep Finn calm, he was mentally beating himself up from the amount of control it took for him to say
'Well I wouldn't have needed them if you wouldn't have tried to kill me'

MoonBeam was just outside of the doorway, watching intently as Jason just dug his way under Finns exposed skin. It irked him, but he was a toy and could do nothing. So he sat and watched Finn being played right into Jason's hands.

--

By the end of dinner, Finn hadn't really opened up as much as Jason wanted. Which made him get even more irritated than he already was. Though, taking multiple deep breaths calmed him.

"It was a..pleasure to eat with you"

"You too"

"Have a good night, I'll see you again for breakfast"

"Goodnight"

Danie took the boy out, and as soon as he was away Jason flipped. His teeth grinding so hard together he thought they would shatter.

"How long do I have to wait for this stupid man to see me as a friend again!?" He seethes, his eyes flashing green.

"Calm yourself toymaker. You're gonna have him soon enough, why freak out when you can take the friendship slow" a voice pipes up, squeaky and uneven.

"MoonBeam, you're supposed to b-"

"With Finn, I know. I thought we needed to have a chitchat first though" He interrupts, hopping up onto the dining table, near Jason.

Jason crosses his arms. Huffing that he was getting a lecture from a toy that HE made.

"Spit it out then, come on I don't have all night" He says, Rolling his now green eyes.

"Well look, I've had enough of Finn to realize what exactly makes him Tick. It ain't me, it ain't you, it ain't that stupid doll girl. It's quality time, and genuine apologies that matter to him. Speak with him ALONE, then see where that takes you. Even if you're gonna manipulate him, do it kindly" the cow says, crossing his plush arms.

Jason actually considers this. He wanted to use MoonBeam to find out about the boy, and here he was. Telling him about Finn.

"You're right. I just blew up there. Thank you, I'll speak with him tonight, or do..something." he pauses,
"You can go to the toy room for now"

MoonBeam throws a hoof up and nods, getting up and jumping down off the table.
"Alright"

Once he had wondered off, Jason pondered, thinking that maybe. Spending more time with him would help. He fixes his hair and strolls off, towards Finns door, with a new plan in tow.