Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

     Wait-

     You drew your hands under your chest and pushed yourself up quickly. You were on a bed?! Not just any bed, but the one you had just refused to sleep in the other night!! Instantly, your face heat up. Your skin crawled in terror.

     "You up finally?" You spun around, sitting up in bed quickly as Herobrine approached from the direction of the bathroom door. Casually, he adjusted the collar to his usual teal shirt and then tightened the belt around his waist. You were stricken for a moment with terrible paranoia. At least, dressing you were the same pajamas as before. Herobrine seemed at most, confused by the way you stared at him in utter horror. At last, once the paralysis melted away, you hurriedly questioned.

     "Wh- why am I in this BED?!?"

     "You were having terrible nightmares last night. Entertaining as they were to watch, I could see the stress they were putting on your body and mind. Also, I wasn't getting any sleep. So I put you on the bed to see if it would help... It did. I slept on the couches if you were wondering." Casually pointing his finger outward, your eyes followed to land on a collection of two sofas and a chair desperately trying to mimic a bed. Some blankets were still sloppily draped about the collection as if having exploded from the center-point. That mess of a "bed" did not look very fun to sleep on.

     "Oh.." You breathed quietly, wondering why Herobrine of all people would do something so nice. You were already under his control supposedly, so why would he try to convince you to his side more? "I...don't remember having any.." Adding at last, you started scooching toward the bed.

     "Well I remember them quite vividly." The man chuckled, crossing the room to draw open the curtains, appearing to be in a hurry. "Most of which were about me." He added calmly. "Strange, though you are bound to my side, your inner mind is tormented by me still..."

     "Is that why you were so nice?" Sliding out of bed, feet planting on the cool, smooth floor. "Because you had pity? What were they about?" You were really curious now as you stood. It had been a while since you last remembered having a dream in general. "And isn't seeing my dreams like reading my mind anyways?"

     "Okay, first off.. No, the two powers are separate. Judging by how you are acting right now, it seems as though I was correct and that watching your dreams is indeed different than reading your thoughts. So, good for me, I guess. Secondly, I let you sleep on my bed because I was tired, alright? I slept on the couches because I knew you liked your personal space. And as for your dreams themselves...most of them were short and quick.... Most of them being...me torturing you in one way or another.." You noticed Herobrine avoiding eye contact with you as he spoke the last part, eyes turning to the floor instead as if guilt had taken some part of him. Curious... Even though he didn't actually do any of it, he still felt somewhat responsible? "...I'm glad to hear that you do not remember."

     "O-oh, right! Definitely!" You stood around, awkwardly swaying, wondering what exactly you should be doing. All of your clothes were in the other room. "Soo, did you have good sleep at least?"

     "A little... I must admit, though, that feeling never left me. Luckily, we were never attacked, but I still fear we might be."

     "Oh, so what are you going to do then?"

     "We leave."

     "Wait, what?!"

     "I promised 303 I would not bring his castle to harm. That and there are so many more of my allies seeking refuge here... I wouldn't want them harmed if the mortals are only after me.." Herobrine said. Just now, you noticed all of his shuffling around the room and picking up random things was actually done with a purpose. On one of the chairs was a softened leather bag, which the fallen king shoved all of his miscellaneous items into. Eventually, he tightened the knot and turned his gaze your way again. "I suggest you begin packing. I want to leave as soon as possible. What is left of my troops are already gathering outside the castle." The tall one informed.