Chapter 9 - The Doctor Dances (Part 1)

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚞𝚜

...𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚜."

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

The Albion hospital...

The patients are almost within touching distance of the 4 as they continue to back away from the zombie patients until the Doctor stops and suddenly shouts.

"Go to your room."

The patients in the ward and the child in the house stand still, Andrea let's out a sigh of relief.

"Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" The Doctor shouts in an angry tone as the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle away and the patients get back into bed.

"I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words" The Doctor says turning around to face the trio with a grin causing Andrea and Rose to smile back.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Andrea asks having missed the Doctor examining them.

"They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Jack explains as the Doctor walks over to Jack.

"How was your con supposed to work?" The Doctor asks curiously

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." Jack explains with a proud smile.

"Yeah. Perfect." The Doctor says coldly

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day. Getting a hint of disapproval." Jack says looking towards Andrea.