Chapter 3 - The Unquiet Dead (2)

EDITED - 01/03/2023
⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

EDITED - 01/03/2023⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚞𝚜,

....𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑...

...𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚒𝚝.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅
IN THE PARLOUR

Rose is mopping Gwyneth's forehead as she lies asleep on a couch. Slowly, her eyes open. She fidgets.

"It's alright. You just sleep." Rose says quietly to Gwyneth

"But my angels, miss. They came, didn't they? They need me?" Gwyneth asks

The Doctor who is leaning on a wall just behind Andrea speaks out.

"They do need you, Gwyneth. You're they're only chance of survival."

"I've told you, leave her alone. She's exhausted and she's not fighting your battles." Rose says angrily turning her back on the Doctor to focus on making sure Gwyneth is alright.

Andrea listens to the Doctor explain to Sneed and Dickens what the Gelth are whilst she contemplates what to do.

"They're not having her." Rose says with a confident tone

"But she can help. Living on the rift, she's become part of it, she can open it up, make a bridge and let them through." The Doctor tries to reason with her.

"Incredible. Ghosts that are not ghosts but beings from another world who can only exist in our world by inhabiting cadavers." Dickens says in amazement

"Good system. It might work." The Doctor says ignoring Roses complaint. But Andrea having enough of this decided to try and talk some sense into the Doctor herself.

"Doctor , can I speak to you for a second" Andrea asks , causing the Doctor to nod and follow her out into the hall.

"You aren't seriously going to go through with this are you? , it's completely wrong!" Andrea says to him trying to get him to see that this is wrong.