Chapter 104 - Life is a Bitch

Start from the beginning

It's not until another ten minutes later at least when Izuku finally says something as he puts all his weight on me, "...sorry."

I flick his nose, "Excuse me, you have nothing to say sorry for. You are going through hell, kid. That's a reasonable reaction."

"Doesn't exist," He mutters. What?

"What do you mean doesn't exist?"

"Hell." I should not be surprised that Izuku believes that he would go to hell. I would ask how he knows and his whole death experience, but that's insensitive at the moment. He'll probably write a book on it when he feels better.

"That just gives you an excuse to have more fun in this life, huh?" Izuku simply hums, and I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. Considering his positioning, probably a bad thing.

With Izuku calm enough, Nemuri finally enters his eyesight, "Hey, kiddo. You look like shit."

I reach over and whack her in the head, "Excuse me. I know you two usually do this, but now is not the time."

Izuku shakes his head against my chest, "She's right."

"We prefer to ignore that fact."

Nothing else is said for a bit. We just have a moment to ourselves since Recovery Girl left during that. Nemuri chose to sit on the other side of Izuku, and we just support him. If you ignore the circumstances of this, one could believe that it's a nice moment.

However, it eventually ends when Izuku finally asks the question I have been expecting, "Sho?"

"Sho is going to be okay. Not perfect but okay." Izuku slowly nods. He proceeds to sit up just as slow and look over his shoulder at Shouta on the bed. I can't help but appreciate the fact that I forced the nurses to have these two share the same room. Otherwise, Izuku would force me to bring him to Shouta.

"Can I get close to him?"

"Of course."

Since we prefer Izuku not to move too much yet, with the help of a nurse, we manage to bring the two beds side-by-side. As soon as he was close enough, Izuku reached for Shouta's hand and took it. That seemed to settle him a little bit since it encouraged him to lay down on his bed again.

"Wake up soon, bitch," Izuku mutters to Shouta.

"He might sleep longer just to spite you," Nemuri points out. I deny that, especially if Izuku is in distress. Shouta wouldn't even considering staying asleep longer even if Izuku just called him a bitch. That's honestly basic compared to how Izuku usually tortures the man.

"He's the one who got knocked out in front of me."

Nemuri sighs, seeming to drop her joking side, "I know, I know. Anything else you need, Izu?"

Izuku shakes his head, and we allow the place to go quiet for another hour.

Until shit hits the fan.

As we are chilling, we suddenly hear talking outside of the room's door. Well, talking is being kind. We can here multiple people arguing just outside of the door, and we can't hear a thing because they are talking over one another. I turn my head towards Izuku direction to make sure that he is okay, and he doesn't seem affected by it at all. He's just laying back and looking up at the ceiling. He's been like that for a while.

I sigh, facing Nemuri, "Where are the nurses when we need them?"

"They should be here soon. If not, I'll ask them to leave," Nemuri states, glaring at the door.

"Thanks."

"They are going to stress this place out. If we wanted that, we would have allowed Inko here."