[50] A promise

"she belonged to him, not because it was something he demanded, but because it was something she couldn't help"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

"C'mon, Charles, move your little butt," I say to my sister as she aimlessly skips out of the car and frolics in the snow. "It's cold outside, let's head in."

"Ok, fine." She gives in and follows me into the house.

It's the day after Christmas which is why Charlotte is wearing about fifteen articles of clothing. She couldn't pick which new outfit to wear, so she decided to wear them all. Currently, she's sporting a new hat with a purple pompom and a tiara paired along with it. She's also in a Frozen t-shirt with a stripped zip-up over top, and a hot pink puffer jacket. She's wearing blue leggings with a pink tutu, and finally, yellow rain boots to tie the entire look together.

She looks batshit crazy in the best way possible because somehow, she still looks freaking adorable.

My sister strips off her boots and jacket and waddles through the hallway. When she turns the corner to make her way into the living room, she catches a glimpse of Daisy and Mason and runs over to them. She jumps up at Mason, wrapping her small arms around his neck.

"Hey, baby Blake," My best friend greets her as he pats the pompom on her head. She giggles in his arms and Daisy just smiles at the two of them and says, "I love your outfit, princess."

"Thanks! Sterling got me the tiara and tutu!" she squeaks out while she reaches her arms out for Daisy, silently asking to be held by her.

Mason does as she wants, passing her over to his girlfriend and the two girls engage in a conversation about her outfit while Mason walks over to me.

The four of us hang out, mostly just listening to Charlotte ramble on about a million different topics, and wait for everyone else to get here.

It doesn't take long before the group piles in, and soon, it's a full house.

By the time we're all settled in and finished saying hi, Charlotte's patience has worn thin. She found out Laney bought her a gift this morning and she's been waiting all day to get it. "Is it present time yet? I've been waiting for years!" My sister's dramatics and desperation make everyone laugh.

My girlfriend throws my arm slung across her shoulder off her, and gets up from the couch. "Alright, you've waited long enough. Here you go, sweetheart."

Charlotte watches in awe as Laney picks up a skillfully wrapped present and hands it to her.

It doesn't take long for her to rip away the paper and open up the box. "An Elsa Leo!" She squeals as she lifts up her present and begins dancing around with it. It's a gymnastics leotard decorated as Elsa's dress from the Frozen movie.