[46] Young love

"you have a place in my heart no one else could ever have"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

Warning: Mature content

I quickly change out of my hockey gear and take the fastest shower of my life.

I shut my locker door and pick up my bag, heading straight out the door.

"Jesus, slow down, Blake. Where are you going in such a rush?" Brian Chambers, one of my teammates, asks.

"Sorry man, my girl is out there waiting for me." I barely turn around to give him an answer.

"Ah, young love. Tell her we say hi!" He shouts, quickly speaking before I'm too far to hear him.

I give him a nod and I'm out the door, making my way straight to the stadium chairs.

The entire team is pretty familiar with Laney. She comes to almost all our games and tries to be there to watch some of our practices, so they've all become acquainted with her at some point.

Of course, they all love her. She's a fucking sweetheart, how could they not.

But, Laney being Laney, won them completely over with her baked goods. She didn't need to because they had loved her sweet personality already, but she wanted to. Apparently, when she gets stressed or overwhelmed, she bakes. Hence the copious amounts of cookies and cupcakes she's brought for the guys.

A smile makes its way to my lips as I spot her reading a book, seated on one of the lower chairs. She's wrapped in a puffy jacket, mittens over her hands, and a hat on her head. She looks fucking adorable.

"Hi, love," I greet her and she beams up at me, putting her book down in her lap.

"Hey, darling, how was practice? From my limited knowledge, you guys looked great, but then again I really have no idea."

I lightly chuckle at her. "It was alright, the usual. I'm just glad it's over and you're here."

I'm sure a blush would've crept onto her face had her cheeks not been red already from the cold. I lean down and kiss her. Her hand goes to my jaw, delicately holding it, and I love the way it feels. 

I look at my bundled-up girlfriend and my heart squeezes. "You are so fucking adorable, you know that?"

She laughs and I can't help but place another quick peck on her lips.

"I'm so glad I can do that now," I whisper, our faces inches apart.

"So am I."

When I pull away and stand up straight, her eyes rake my body and a sense of pride fills my chest.  God, I love when I can tell she's shamelessly ogling me.