[45] Perfect time to tell

"All that you are is all that I'll ever need"

⋆✧⋆✧⋆

The sun peers through the curtains and I stir out of my sleep. I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the bright light and I look down at the beautiful sleeping girl lying on my chest. She's curled up into a small ball, cuddled into me with her arms wrapped around my body. I tighten my hold on her as an overwhelming urge to protect her washes over me.

I would do absolutely anything to keep this girl safe and happy.

She is my everything.

My eyes rake across her body currently only covered by my dress shirt from last night and underwear. Memories of last night flood my brain and I grow hard at the thought.

It was absolutely perfect.

She was absolutely perfect.

I don't know how long I spend just looking at her. Admiring the curve of her nose, the faint pink tint of her cheeks, the way she clings onto me as she sleeps. I just let myself get lost in her.

As if she could sense my staring, she slowly wakes up, opening her eyes and locking them on to me.

"Good morning, handsome." Her voice is hushed.

"Good morning, my love," I whisper, matching her quiet volume. "How was your sleep?"

"Fantastic." She smiles cutely. "You're so warm, it's nice."

I lightly chuckle at her words. "I'm glad my body temperature is to your liking."

Cupping her face in one of my hands, I brush across her smooth skin with my thumb. "You're stunning."

Clearly embarrassed, she blushes and then buries her face into the crook of my neck. "Mmm, you smell nice." Laney stays there, fixed in that position, and I stroke up and down her back.

"Thank you, baby." I can't help but smile.

"Darling?" she starts.

"Yeah?"

"I have a question." She sits up, leaning back against the headboard, still facing me. I copy her, sitting upright with my arms stretched back, supporting my weight.
"Why were u so mean the day we met?"

She looks genuinely curious. Her head is slightly tilted with interest, and her eyes are wide with anticipation as she chews on the corner of her lip.