Chapter 10: Mission 1

"Mission?" Amy stuttered out, "What are you talking about?  I'm not ready for that at all.  I can't even land a hit on Aaron, and I still can't last that long with running." She rambled on.

"You haven't realized, but Amy you're already doing much better than before.  True you haven't been able to hit Aaron unless he lets you but compared to any average person you're doing well.  Of course, if you take a mission that doesn't mean you'll stop your training, it may be put on hold for a while."

"No way." Amy slumped into the seat in disbelief, "Do you know what kind of mission?  Will it require speaking any different languages?  I only know Spanish and English and a little bit of French from high school!  Would I have to dispose of someone?"

"Calm down.  You're overthinking things." Melody said, "You won't be doing any of that, you're not ready for any of that.  And honestly you don't have the qualifications to start with that, you'd die within seconds with something like that.  You'll probably start with something simple as watching a target or driving someone while trying to get as much information as possible out of them."

______________________________________________________________________________

"You along with Jessi will be going in as maids to work at our targets home.  We already have one of our people waiting there inside for us.  We estimate it'll take about a month at the latest." They were informed by their team leader, or handler as some liked to call them.

"What do we need to do?" Jessi asked as she picked up the file that was placed in front of her.

"All you need to do is infiltrate as a maid and find documents that are stated there on the file in front of you.  Our agent, who will go by the name of James is one of the butlers and will help you along the way with whatever he had found out.  We would have left it to him, but our target is a bit careful around people, and such has requested for back up for distraction.  You'll see all information of our target and of who James is and how much information he has retrieved there in the file as well."

Amy frowned, "What am I going to do about my job and family?"

The team leader turned towards her, "You've been given two months off from work, and all you have to do is tell your family about it.  Since we know that you aren't the best at making up lies, your cover is that your friend has offered you a job for a month as a maid for a temporary replacement.  And that you will be living in the assigned dormitories, and that you will be rooming by yourself.  Try you best, you only have a week to prepare."

Amy rubbed at her face in exasperation, "A week. " She sighed, what was she able to do in a week.  Amy wasn't even surprised that they had somehow gotten her two months off from work, 'I wouldn't be surprised if they bought the place or maybe have some connections with the owner.'

Though surprisingly after she had told her parents of the situation and how she had been offered a temporary job along with the excuse of, "Since I won't be working for two months, I still want to have a bit more savings, and besides it would feel odd to do nothing for two whole months." They accepted and merely told her to keep in contact with them, to call them every night before she goes to sleep.

___________________________________________________________________________

"From today onwards Amy your name will be Alexandra Spencer, age 20." Their leader said as both Amy and Jessi were being driven there, "Jessi, you are now Madison Anderson, age 25.  Both of you are being hired for the duration of one month on a recommendation of an acquaintance who works there as the head maid.  The recommendation letter is in your bags, so make sure to have it at hand when you are asked for it."

Both girls were now dressed and looked differently than usual.  Their hair, and eye color were different, certain markings were adding to their face, either a scar or freckles, "These marks are attributed to your character, think of it as your disguise."

"Are you ready?" Jessi asked Amy who was standing beside her with a small duffle bag, "Remember that you are to call me Madison now, don't forget the name.  Try to keep yourself as low profile as possible, but don't entirely ignore the other staff, remember that you may end up learning more from the staff."

Amy nodded, "Okay.  Thank you Jessi, I mean Madison." Amy took a couple of deep breaths to calm down, "Do we wait here?" She looked up at the gated door.

Jessi nodded, "Yes." She pressed the doorbell and at once a voice answered back from inside.

"Who am I speaking with, and what is your reason for visitation."

"We're the new temporary maids hired for the months, on recommendation by Eliza." Jessi answered back.

"Very well.  Someone will be there for you shortly." And the call cut off after that.

"Alexandra, try to keep calm." Jessi whispered using Amy's new name, "If it makes you feel better, this is the best mission you could have asked for.  You're lucky that you didn't get sent to go infiltrate an illegal organization or find someone in the mafia, and it end in some suicide mission."

Amy, now Alexandra blanched at the thought, "Has that happened to someone before?"

Madison nodded before tilting her head towards in incoming person.

______________________________________________________________________________

As they were led down the hall, Amy was able to catch a glimpse of her reflection in the mirror.

'At least it's not so bad and exaggerated.' She gently touched her chin and mouth. Shoulder length wavy brown hair, dark brown eyes, glasses, a light brown birthmark from her chin to the left corner of her mouth just a shade darker than her skin.

Amy sighed preparing to start acting, to become Alexandra.