Chapter 7: Training

During lunch on the third day, her phone rung causing her to nearly drop her spoon.  She swallowed her food and reached for the ringing phone.

It wasn't her phone; it was the phone that was given to her, she quickly answered the call, "Hello." There was no need to wonder who it was, considering that Melody had told her that they would be contacting her through that phone.

"Hello Miss Beltner.  Tomorrow would you please go to this address." The voice was one that she wouldn't be able to forget, it was definitely the voice of Aaron.

The address he gave was of the park that was near her home, but she didn't want to go just yet, "Tomorrow is your day off so how about meeting at noon." Aaron stated rather than asked from the other side of the phone, making Amy frown in distaste.

Amy wasn't even surprised that they knew her work schedule, at that point Amy had begun to think if they even knew her three sizes, her weight and even sleep schedule.

With a huff Amy replied, "Alright."

After that Aaron had hung up after having received Amy's answer, "Well okay then." She watched as the bright screen dimed and went dark within seconds.

____________________________________________________________________________

It was in these moments that Amy was glad both her parents had day jobs instead of night shifts.  And it being Thursday morning, neither of them were home to ask where she was going, because she wouldn't know what to tell them why she was going to the park.

They didn't check on her all the time, but they at least wanted to know where she was going to go and what time to expect her home.

Grabbing her keys, Amy opened the front door, closed firmly and locked it after walking out.  With keys in hand, denim-colored bag on shoulder, she made her way to her parked car.

Before turning on the car, Amy looked to make sure that she had everything she needed.  The day prior, before going home after work, she had gone to the store to buy a few things.  Those things being pepper spray, brass knuckles and even an alarm attached to her keychains.

Though she was clueless in how to use any of them and would most likely be useless to use against anyone of those people she was likely to meet that day.  To her it was more of an emotional and mental reassurance.

Even though the meeting time was at noon, she left an hour earlier, it wasn't that she wanted to be there early, mainly because she wanted time to calm down before she met with whoever it was.  She was hoping it was either Aaron or Melody, considering they were the only two that she mildly knew.

"At least we're in a public place." She sighed to herself as she drove the ten-minute drive to the park.

____________________________________________________________________________

To her relief, Aaron and Melody were the ones who had come.  Amy gripped the seat of the picnic table harder at the nervousness starting once again.

"Hello." Melody slightly smiled as she sat on the bench in front of her, with Aaron sliding in next to her, "You're probably curious as to why we called you here."

Amy nodded, eyes shifting from Melody to Aaron, "Yeah."

"Well, have you ever gotten any type of physical training before, like self-defense or anything to keep yourself fit?" Melody's eyes roamed to Amy's exposed arms, "I guess not." She muttered to herself at seeing no sign of any muscle.

"No.  I know basic self-defense." Amy responded, all she knew were the basic of where to kick or hit when being assaulted by someone.  Though that would be useless against someone who was trained.

"I see." Melody turned her head to Aaron who was sitting quietly with them.

Taking her glance as in indication to speak, Aaron did so, "From today you'll be taking classes to prepare you for what you need to do."

Blinking a few times, Amy slightly tilted her head in confusion, "Classes?" Her face paled, 'It can't be.' She thought in horror as ideas came to mind.

"Are...." Amy nervously swallowed, "Are they seduction classes?  Assassination?" She asked hoping it wasn't true, 'Spies do seduction missions right?  They also .... dispose of people.'

Both Melody and Aaron looked at her in amusement, "No.  The classes we're talking about is to physically train you.  Build up your stamina, muscle.  We have to make sure you can at least be able to pick up anything your weight.  You'll learn more in self-defense to put it lightly." Melody said quickly to rid any thoughts of seduction and anything else out of Amy's mind, "You'll have an instructor for those."

"Those?"

Aaron leaned his elbow on the table and spoke out, "One instructor for each of the following, diet, stamina, physical endurance, self-defense, and small weapon usage and concealment." He listed off each of the things Amy would be learning, "You won't need to worry about where you'll be taking these classes, we have a gym that will provide all that."

"Your organization has a gym?" Amy mused as she brought up her hands and rested them on the table.

"Not exactly, you could call it as connections in a way." Melody informed, "Anyways, today you'll be coming with us to see the place and take one of the classes of your choice.  Of course, we've had the place closed for today."

"But I don't have anything to change into." Amy gestured to her clothing; she didn't have any extra clothes with her, 'I don't think I even have gym clothes.  Do I still have the ones I used for high school?' Amy thought to herself.

"You don't have to worry about that." Melody fixed her glasses, ones she didn't have last time they had met, "We already have everything ready for you.  Gym clothes, shoes, equipment you'll be using, all of it is perfect for your current status."

Amy facepalmed as her thoughts were confirmed, they did indeed know her three sizes and weight for them to have clothing and shoes ready for her.