'Slow Burn'

Love can be a slow burn of emotions in a fast paced heart
The author

Pete POV
Thinking about yesterday gives me butterflies everywhere.
Vegas, i guess i can drop the Khun in my own thoughts, was so gentle and sweet i fell for him really hard.
I should have said harder cause i fell for him a long time ago.
It was unconscious but i found light in Vegas despite of it all. People just do not understand how much he carries on his shoulders.
He is just like Khun Kinn but without a supportive father and with diffrent brothers. I mean no one compares to Khun no or even Khun Kim- i am conviced he is more like a genius.
Well it doesn't matter because as long as he has Macau i think he can have a reson to not give up.
I hope so because i don't think my heart could take it if i ever lose him forever.
Even if he is not mine its good to see him by afar i think.

I am in my break with Porsche when i see Vegas approaching us with his serious face per usual.
I am really insecure next to Porsche and he is probably going to walk towards Porsche so i am going to walk away.
I don't want to witness this. I can bear him finding happiness with someone else but with Porsche is just painful because he is like a brother to me.
I start to walk away when i hear a voice behind me:
-Pete where are you going?- Vegas
-Huh i am leaving you and Porsche alone so you wont be uncomfortable- i replied looking down.
-What makes you think i came for Porsche?- he asked.
So did he come for Khun Kinn?
-So who did you come for? Khun Kinn is absent at the moment.
-I am not here for Kinn either. I am here for- he inclines his head to me.
I am caught by surprise.
-For me?- i asked with my eyes wide open now.
-Don't see anyone else here- he replied.
I blush a bit and he asks me to go for a walk in the garden with him.
I look puzzled at Porsche who told me to go so i did.

-So how its like to be the head of the minor family- i asked to break the ice. I love to talk.
-I am not. My father is- he said chuckling.
-Well you are the heir. You must have a lot of weight in your shoulders- i told him sincere.
-Its never easy but i am doing this for my father- he replied.
-Isn't that what we are all doing?- i answered leaving him rather confused.
-What do you mean?- he asked.
-Well i am serving the major family because they helped my grandparents a lot so i need to own up for that- i said.
-If i had help you, would you do the same?- this is surprising to me.
-I think i would. I do not look at the minor family diffrently. I am not on a place to despise any of you- i replied smiling with my dimples.

Vegas POV
Wow! Pete is the first bodyguard i know that does not only smile to me but also don't despise the minor family. This is new and makes me at ease.
Pete is just so special out of the sudden. It's like i am so compelled to know more about him i can't stop. I even came here to see him today because i kept thinking on it.
Pete layers are really fascinating. He has something you might not see in the first instace but you will definitly see later.

-Well you are the first bodyguard to not hold grudges against the minor family. Why?- i asked.
-Well you are in the minor family and i don't see a reason to hate you. I don't have any to hate Macau either. The only person i would despise is your father because he doesn't value you. You are wonderful but he doesn't see it. I wish he could see you with my eyes. We wouls be really proud- Pete said looking distant as if he was thinking out loud.
-I didn't know you had me in such a good accountable- i said pushing him out of his transe.
He blushes.
-Not its not like that- he keeps stuttering- i mean... everyone sees it like that... i am not the only one.
-I am no so sure of that Pete but thank you. You too are quite interesting.
-What? Me?- he asked confused.
-Yes i mean you are diffrent from other bodyguards- he stopped walking and stood still looking at me waiting for a response.
-You see the good side of people and you seem to be pretty positive. But i don't know something about you intrigues me. You don't hate me like other boduguards do and you don't hate my family.
You are quite something.- i said.
He looks at me stunned with such words and i put my hand in his face caressing his cheeks.
-It's okay Pete. Do whatever you want.
He looked confused and chocked. I give him a peck in his lips wich made him widen his eyes.
-How do you feel now?- i ask.
He frozes.
-Someome might see us Khun Vegas. Maybe we should stop before anything else.
-Then i'll take you on a date tomorrow. No need to worry about Kinn. I'll talk to him about this matter.
I walked away feeling satisfied and happy.
Teasing Pete is funny but i am taking him seriously.
Something about him makes me want to not give up in me. And his pump lips were there so close to mine i couldn't help.

Pete POV
Vegas gave me a soft peck today and i don't know what its going on.
I feel like i am dreaming right up on to the clouds.
I don't know if he is serious about me but i am hoping he is.
My butterflies are ready to come out.

End of chapter. Thank you so much for everything, your support is really appreciated and i love to read your comments and thoughts. Hope you have a lovely day and read many VP fics to warm your day.
The world tour is so close. I'll be not attending but i am still really excited for everyone🥰💞 have a fun time.