"Mr. Jeon is in a meeting, but he should be finished soon," Iseul notified before heading to the kitchen to put the kettle on.

"Bunny?" you quipped once she was gone.

Jungkook let out out small laugh. "Yeah, she's been calling me that since I was a kid. She thinks I look like a rabbit."

"Well, she's not wrong."

"What?" he scoffed. "I don't look like a bunny."

"Yes, you do," you argued.

"No, because bunnies are cute."

"You're cute too."

He shook his head. "I'm handsome, not cute."

"Whatever," you giggled, playfully rolling your eyes. "I can tell you and Iseul are really close though."

"We are—err, we were," Jungkook corrected himself. "My parents worked a lot, so she was kind of like my second mom growing up. But when I stopped speaking to my dad, I also stopped speaking to her since she's employed by him."

"Why would such a sweet woman like her work for someone like him?" you wondered, keeping your voice down so no one would hear.

"I ask myself that every day," he responded. "She knows what's going on, but I guess it doesn't bother her."

A short while later, the woman in question re-entered the living room, carrying a tray with a kettle and teacups. Iseul set the tray on the coffee table and poured each of you some tea. She then handed you a cup before sitting next to Jungkook on the leather couch.

"It seems like Mr. Jeon's meeting is running over," she informed. "While we wait, tell me, how long have you two been together?"

"About a month and a half," Jungkook answered.

"Still in the honeymoon phase, I see," jested Iseul. "I hope my Bunny is treating you well, Y/N."

"He is," you acknowledged with a smile.

"Good, because I raised him to respect women."

You must've been the only woman Jungkook didn't respect.

Okay, maybe that was a bit dramatic.

Over the course of time you've been with one another, Jungkook was actually treating you better than he'd ever had. It only took him ten fucking years, but he was finally being a decent person towards you. You knew the reason was that both of you had changed as people. That growth even resulted in a friendship—something you wouldn't have seen coming from a mile away.

Besides the fight you and Jungkook had gotten into, you guys were doing well. And you hoped things would continue to go that way.

***

As you were drinking your tea and chatting with Iseul, you overheard a door open and close from down the hall.

"Jungkook?" a voice rang out before an expensively dressed man appeared in the doorway. Two guards were behind him and so was a foreign woman, likely around your age, with a clipboard in her hand. Greeting you and Jungkook in Korean, she bowed politely.

"I apologize for the delay," said Mr. Jeon.

"It's fine," Jungkook muttered, getting to his feet and smoothing out his tie. Mr. Jeon approached him with his arm extended; however, Jungkook merely glared at him, his jaw tightly clenched.

Since his son had coldly refused his handshake, he decided to turn his attention to you instead. "You must be Min Yoongi's little sister."

"Yes, I am," you announced, standing up to be next to Jungkook. "Min Y/N."