³⁰

''yūta!''

''yūta!''

itadori glanced at his girlfriend. katsumi's lips were pulled into a small smile of relief at the sight of the dark-haired newcomer. unconsciously, it made itadori frown. the dark-haired boy glanced at the group once again before jumping down from the building.

the group watched as the boy jumped onto the concrete, destroying it in the process. he addressed the group. ''who's with itadori?''

katsumi's eyes widened in shock at her cousin's words and every trace of previous relief immediately left her body. she stared at her emotionless cousin, her eyes hardening when the boy avoided her eyes. what is he doing? why would he be here? unless-

''so you're yūji's executioner?'' chōsō's question confirmed katsumi's thoughts. she immediately took a hold of itadori's hand and pulled him a step behind, her eyes still trained on her cousin. itadori shot katsumi a confused glance at which she just shook her head and motioned her eyes to the nearest road, mouthing 'run'.

''wait just a second!'' zen'in's voice interrupted the pair. ''i'm on your side. you're okkotsu right?''

''who're you?'' okkotsu asked the older male.

''i'm zen'in naoya, maki's cousin. i'm also here to kill itadori.'' the male continued. the two fugitives and chōsō glanced at each other.

''we gotta go.'' katsumi mumbled under her breath, loud enough for two to hear. the cursed womb painting nodded in agreement before getting into a stance. the trio exchanged some whispers, coming up with a plan before katsumi discreetly summoned two petals and stuck them to their clothing. 

''very well.'' okkotsu's voice caused the three to turn their attention back to their two attackers. ''i leave the other to you.''

cursed lotus art : withering end

in a split second, katsumi was already sword to sword with okkotsu. with all her strength she pushed his sword away before using a few petals to drag him farther away from herself and itadori. seeing the opportunity, the salmon-haired boy snatched katsumi into his arms and bolted away from the tunnel.

''shit!'' katsumi yelped in surprise at which itadori only pulled her closer to him. 

''i've got you.'' 

the girl's eyes caught the sight of okkotsu getting away from her petals. he ran after the two, his speed almost matching itadori's. katsumi looked ahead of them and saw a turned-over car; she got an idea. 

''throw me over the car.''

''are you crazy?!'' itadori shouted, his eyes fleeting to hers momentarily. 

''yes, now please do as i say.'' her firm tone made itadori grumble something under his breath. despite his reluctance to literary throw his girlfriend over the car, he did as told. not even a second later okkotsu used his katana to try to slice itadori, only to miss when the salmon-haired boy jumped over the same car he had just thrown his girlfriend over. the pair made quick eye contact and itadori grabbed the car before throwing it at okkotsu.

''inside.'' itadori motioned towards the door of a shop and the two ran towards it. katsumi glanced behind them. she gritted her teeth in frustration, seeing the same car being thrown their way.

cursed lotus art: mauve screen

i wish maki was here to beat your ass. katsumi huffed as the car crashed onto the barrier protecting her and itadori. the sound of the car crashing boomed through the area. 

''surprised? i don't look like the power type.'' okkotsu spoke, walking up to the two. katsumi lowered the barrier, knowing it would take more of her energy to keep it up than to actually fight her cousin. ''i'm actually on the weaker side.''

''you're the exact opposite of me.'' itadori concluded.

''you noticed, huh?'' okkotsu inched closer to the two, dragging his katana with him. ''i've got more cursed energy than gojō-sensei. but sensei has the six eyes, so he loses almost no energy when he activates a cursed technique. of course, sensei is the best. katsumi over here is somewhat similar to me. '' itadori glanced at his girlfriend, hiding his surprise. ''of course, sensei is the best. after all, both katsumi and i can run out of cursed energy, but he doesn't. now i'm done talking.''

katsumi quickly pushed itadori out of the way, once again clashing her own katana with okkotsu's. their eyes met for a quick moment and the boy sent her a wink before getting out of her sword's way and appearing behind her back.

''stay put for a while sumi. i won't hurt him too much.''

suddenly, everything went black.