²³

katsumi mentally cursed herself for not realizing the sukuna's finger was in their vicinity

katsumi mentally cursed herself for not realizing the sukuna's finger was in their vicinity. she slowly walked up to fushiguro. the two shamans shared a look before focusing on the finger-bearer in front of them. it accumulated its cursed energy and fired it at the two, but before the beam could hit them katusmi summoned her shield.

cursed lotus art: mauve screen

the screen absorbed the curse's attack, and katsumi hissed at the feeling of the new cursed energy flowing through her body. it was something she had been trying out in secret with gojō. the two came up with the idea of recuperating lost cursed energy and the shield-like screen seemed to be the easiest way to do so. gojō had proposed trying to make it double functional– it would protect anyone inside it and it would absorb any attack that had cursed energy in it.

the finger-bearer grabbed itself by its head, scratching it with its nails. his eyes glared at the two shamans, more specifically katsumi who had stopped its attack. 

the duo watched with wide eyes as the curse disappeared and then reappeared, this time behind the two. fushiguro was the first one to react. he summoned his divine dog and attacked the finger-bearer before to could harm any of the two. katsumi watched with wide eyes as the curse sent fushiguro flying. his back slammed against the wall. 

the girl ran over and checked his vitals. she let out a small breath of relief when she felt his heartbeat. a grating-like laugh caused the girl to turn around, coming eye to eye with the ring bearer. katsumi took another glance at fushiguro's unconscious form and then turned around, smirking at the finger-bearer.

cursed lotus art: mauve screen

once again a purple screen with a flower shape in the middle appeared, this time in between fushiguro and katsumi. after she made sure fushiguro was protected, the blondish girl turned back to the curse in front of her.

cursed lotus art: withering end

the girl summoned her katana. the blade glowed bright purple and was painted with dancing flames. the curse watched katsumi's every move, sniggering every now and then before it finally ran at her.