⁰¹

''auntie! save me!'' 

a teenage girl rushed into the morgue, leaving behind a few large pinkish petals to barricade the door. shoko glanced at the pink-haired girl and raised an eyebrow.

''what are you doing?''

katsumi smiled sheepishly and sat down on an empty metal bed, breathing heavily while trying to catch her breath.  ''gojō-sensei assigned a mission to fushiguro but he suddenly remembered that i have to go too, so now i'm hiding from gojō-sensei''

''just go and be done with it'' shoko rolled her eyes, fishing out a pack of cigarettes. the sight of the cigarettes made katsumi scrunch her face in disgust.

''but i don't wanna~'' the teenager drawled out, shaking her head. ''it's in miyagi and-''

''and you are coming with, whether you like it or not'' a new voice interrupted the young girl. with wide eyes, katsumi turned around, coming face to face with her white-haired teacher. the girl let out a small sigh before sending both of the adults a grin and a wave.

''adios!''

gojō and shoko watched as the girl summoned a large petal and stepped on it before disappearing from their sight. shoko stifled a laugh, her shoulders shaking. she passed by gōjo, patting him on the shoulder.

''that's purely your influence''

''you've gotta be fucking kidding me'' the blonde-haired girl murmured out once her turquoise eyes landed on an empty shed. she heard fushiguro beside her curse under his breath and move away, dialing a number on his phone.

''it's empty'' the boy spoke into the phone. katsumi walked over to him, leaning in to hear what their sensei would say.

''really? that's hilarious! '' gojō's voice sounded through the phone. the two teenagers glanced at each other with a deadpan expression. ''no going home until it's recovered, okay?''

''i'm gonna punch you'' fushiguro seethed, annoyed out of his mind. katsumi from beside him motioned for him to give her the phone, which he did. with a fake smile, katsumi took the phone and held it to her ear.

''sensei~! you better buy us kukifuku after this'' 

she heard the male from the other line chuckle before speaking. ''of course, katsumi-chan. just find it''

fushiguro watched as katsumi's smile dropped the second she hung up the phone. with a frown, she handed the device to the dark-haired male. 

''let's continue looking tomorrow. i'm too annoyed to do anything today''

the next morning came by quickly and the two teenagers started their search. katsumi was wearing black pants along with a white t-shirt. she had her blonde and purple locks in a high ponytail, leaving a few strands to frame her face.

''ya' feel that?'' katsumi nodded at the rugby field in front of them. the field was radiating off a big amount of cursed energy, quite hard to miss if you were a sorcerer. 

''is there a dead body buried here or something?'' as on a clue, a curse crawled out from the ground and climbed a light pole, staying there looking at the two teenagers. katsumi paid no mind to the curse, esteeming it to be at least a second grade, and continued her way towards the school.

''katsumi'' fushiguro called out to the girl, making her stop and glance back at him with a raised eyebrow. he pointed towards the crowd on their left and she nodded, following him to see what was the crowd watching.

the two teenagers pushed their way closer, katsumi even more just because she was shorter than her black-haired friend. her turquoise eyes locked onto a boy with salmon-colored hair. he had a grin on his face and eyes wide in excitement as he held the ball in his hand. she had to admit, the boy was cute, however that wasn't what caught her attention. what she noticed almost immediately were small residuals loitering around the boy, the cursed energy from the residuals matched the cursed energy of the object the two were looking for.

katsumi's eyes widened as the boy threw the ball into a goalpost, bending the metal. she glanced at fushiguro, only to see him mirroring her expression. she turned her attention back to the court just in time to see the said salmon-haired boy pass by them. for a split second, katsumi and him locked eyes, and a second later he was gone, running to the gates.

''hey you!'' fushiguro yelled out, trying to catch the boy but failing. with a huff, he turned to katsumi. ''we gotta find him''