⁰³

finding fushiguro wasn't as hard as she had thought it would be

finding fushiguro wasn't as hard as she had thought it would be. after a few minutes of running around the building, blindly following cursed energy, katsumi heard a loud crash followed by a few muffled yells. the girl proceeded to follow the sounds and ran through the halls, taking a few turns.

''hamasaki!'' fushiguro's voice called out once his eyes landed on the said girl. katsumi glanced around the room, evaluating the situation. she saw itadori holding a body in his hands, another one behind him, and she ran over to them first.

''put them here'' 

itadori watched in fascination as katsumi did the same trick as earlier, summoning a petal and transforming it into a drawing of a lotus on the floor. she motioned for him to put the bodies onto the drawing. he did as told and put both of his classmates in the lotus which closed immediately, protecting the two from any harm and teleporting them away from the fight.

''wha- where are they?'' itadori clenched his jaw in worry, glancing at katsumi who was busy dusting her uniform.

''i teleported them outside the school, they'll be safer there. now, where's the cursed object?'' the blonde-haired girl questioned the two, her eyes shifting from fushiguro to itadori. the latter raised the object for her to see. 

''by the way, what are those things eating the curse?'' itadori pointed at fushiguro's divine dogs which were feasting on the curse. 

''they're my shikigami. you can see them?'' the shaman asked. itadori nodded his head, averting his attention back to the two students. ''normally, you can't see curses. exceptions being when facing death to in special places like this''

''ohh, now that you mention it, i've never seen a ghost before'' itadori realized. 

suddenly, katsumi felt shivers go down her back and she looked around, trying to pinpoint the cause of it. however, due to the cursed object emitting huge amounts of cursed energy she couldn't differentiate if the shivers were caused by the object or something else. 

her question was answered when fushiguro's divine dogs passed by katsumi and ran towards itadori and fushiguro, pushing them away from the curse. katsumi summoned a few petals, placing them in front of her to act as a shield from the debris that fell from the ceiling.

her turquoise eyes widened in shock as the curse grabbed fushiguro in its hands, growling and snarling at the boy. she was quick to react and ran towards him, her katana at bay. in a flash, her katana sliced through the curse's hand, slicing it off. the girl's eyes followed the curse's cut-off hand as it rolled away from the screeching curse.

''you good?'' katsumi glanced at fushiguro, her eyes set on the curse in front of her. fushiguro slowly stood up, wobbling slightly on his feet and called his divine dogs. katsumi readied herself for another attack and lunged forward, her katana making cuts all over the curse's body. it screeched and wailed its arms around, trying to whack the girl.

fushiguro placed his hands together, ready to call yet another one of his shikigami, when suddenly he got punched through the wall along with katsumi. the two teenagers rolled onto the ground of the roof, both groaning at the impact.

''gojō better give us those kikifuku sweets later'' the girl gritted her teeth and slowly stood up. she could feel her blood going down her face and dripping to the ground. her eyes followed the curse as it neared the two, making her frown and grip her katana tighter.

before she could use her katana, itadori suddenly appeared in front of the two shamans, kicking the curse away. ''you okay?'' the boy glanced at the two. 

''i thought i told you to run'' fushiguro glared at the boy, hunched over. itadori dismissed him, shaking his head.

''forget it! i'd be having nightmares if i left now! besides-'' katsumi watched as the curse crawled closer and closer towards itadori. ''i've actually got quite the curse myself''

the two shamans watched with wide eyes as itadori took on the curse by himself. he was kicking it, left and right, not giving it time to catch the boy. however, it didn't take long for the curse to recover. with a flick of her wrist, katsumi formed a small shield above itadori's head, enough to soften the curse's punch. 

''a curse can only be exorcised by another curse'' katsumi's voice filled the area as itadori stumbled over to them. huffing, he slowly stood up on his legs and glanced at the two.

''could have told me sooner!''

''he told you to run'' the girl breathed out, twirling her katana once again as the curse started getting closer to them. itadori's chocolate eyes focused on katsumi's form as the girl ran towards the curse, slicing it once again.

katsumi focused her cursed energy onto her katana, causing it to emit a purplish glow. the katana sliced through the curse, scorching its flesh as it screamed. she moved swiftly around it, evading its punches and continued slashing at it. as the seconds went by, katsumi could feel herself grow slower. the blood from her wound continued leaking, making the girl a bit dizzy, as she evaded the attacks.

''hamasaki!'' fushiguro's eyes widened as the curse punched the said girl, sending her back a few meters and right into a building where she stayed lying with her katana at her side. fushiguro was about to go to her when his attention was caught by itadori pulling the finger out of his pocket.

''i just need a little cursed energy, right?!''

katsumi opened her eyes, just in time to see itadori swallow the cursed object. her eyes widened in shock and she scrambled up to her feet, her katana at bay. the two shamans watched as the curse ran closer to itadori, only to be brutally punched out of the way by his hand.

suddenly, laughter filled the area. 

''well fuck''