²⁷

''fucking maggot!'' katsumi mumbled to herself as she ran through the station once again

''fucking maggot!'' katsumi mumbled to herself as she ran through the station once again. anger in her was bubbling, growing hotter with each passing moment. warm liquid trailed down her face and to her lips, making her use the back of her uniform sleeve to brush it off. she glanced down at the dark fabric, noticing some reddish splotches.

the girl stopped in the middle of a hallway and unbuttoned the upper part of her uniform, revealing a once white shirt underneath. the shirt was covered in blood, mostly on her side and back but there was also some on the front, most likely from her facial injuries. katsumi went to take care of her wounds when she heard a faint gurgling sound not far from her. 

cursed lotus art: withering end

in a flash, petals around the girl formed a katana in her hand as she neared the source of the sound. katsumi turned a corner and came face to face with two curses, hovering over a fallen person. swiftly, katsumi used her katana to cut through the two curses before they could harm the other people. the sorceress watched as the corpses disappeared into the air before she finally turned around to face the fallen body. 

''huh?'' katsumi's turquoise orbs widened in horror at the sight. on the floor, laying motionlessly, was maki. her clothes, hair and a big portion of her skin had been burnt completely. ''oh fuck! hang on maki!''

cursed lotus art: conveyance

katsumi crouched down next to the older girl and started using her cursed technique. she summoned a lotus, this time right underneath the two. the blonde shaman took a glance at maki and nodded, assuring herself. i gotta take her to shoko. the lotus closed and in a flash, the two were right in front of ieiri and yaga. the former glanced down at her adopted niece in shock and immediately went to assist her.

''what's the situation?'' ieiri inquired as the two carefully placed maki on a makeshift bed in order for ieiri to start the healing process. the principal stood by the side, observing everything.