⁰⁶

katsumi's eyes snapped open at the sound of someone knocking on her door

katsumi's eyes snapped open at the sound of someone knocking on her door. the girl rose from her bed with a slight groan then proceeded to fully get up. with quick strides, she walked to the door and opened them, revealing her blindfolded teacher. 

''whaddaya want, sensei?''

''katsumi-chan! come out and greet your new neighbor!'' gojō grinned at the girl. katsumi's eyes moved from her teacher and onto the two males behind him. fushiguro raised his hand as a greeting, a frown visible on his face, while itadori beamed at the girl.

''hamasaki! we're neighbors!'' itadori stated the obvious with a cheerful tone. his cheerfulness made katsumi smile. she walked out of her room, gently closing the door behind her. 

''now that you all are here'' gojō spoke up, catching the three teenagers' attention. ''i wanted to tell you guys that we'll be going out tomorrow to get the fourth first-year''

''ah, the girl right?'' katsumi's smile broadened, her eyes twinkling in excitement. she was absolutely ecstatic that there would be another girl in their little group, especially since she hadn't seen a certain green-haired female in a while.

''correct!'' gojō did finger guns at katsumi. ''so, rest up and be ready to leave at 8''

the trio watched as gojō skipped away, leaving the three teenagers by themselves. fushiguro, itadori and katsumi glanced at each other, itadori shrugging in response to their non-verbal conversation. fushiguro was about to leave back to his room when the girl spoke up.

''wanna play uno?''

the next morning came by quickly and before she even knew it, katsumi was with fushiguro and itadori in harajuku. katsumi was sitting on a metal rail, swinging her legs back and forth. itadori was next to her, leaning on the same rail. the two were eating popsicles, itadori's being strawberry flavored while katsumi went for a watermelon one with chocolate acting as seeds. (that's a real thing in japan btw)

''only four first years? isn't that a little small for a class?'' the salmon-haired boy inquired while munching on his popsicle.

''well have you met anyone who can see curses?'' fushiguro glanced at itadori. the latter shook his head. 

''guess not''

''that's how rare jujutsu sorcerers are'' katsumi hopped off the rail, stretching her arms over her head. ''most of the time we are pretty short on staff''

''ah, i understand'' itadori smiled at the girl. ''by the way, didn't you say i'm the fourth?''

''she was admitted a while ago'' the dark-haired boy shrugged. katsumi's eyes moved from the two boys and towards the certain teacher that was approaching their small group. gojō strode over to the trio, grinning at them.

''looks like your uniform made it in time''

''yep! a perfect fit!'' itadori gave gojō a thumbs-up, smiling brightly. he glanced at katsumi and fushiguro. ''but it's different from hamasaki and fushiguro's''

itadori's uniform had a red hoodie attached, unlike fushiguro's and katsumi's. katsumi's uniform was the usual navy blue color. she had a navy blue jacket, with the jujutsu high button sewed above her heart. unlike the two boys, she wore a skirt that came down to her knees, followed by black boots and black thighs underneath.

''uniforms can be customized on request'' gojō answered, sipping on his juice. itadori glanced at him in confusion.

''but i didn't put in a request?''

''i went ahead and asked for you'' 

''i hope you've also asked for a change of my design?'' the dual-color-haired girl inquired the blindfolded male. he turned towards her and nodded his head in affirmation, his grin still present.

''of course i did katsumi-chan. the principal said it should be done by the end of the week'' gojō explained and started walking towards the train station. the three first-years followed him, with katsumi walking in the middle.

''why are we here in harajuku anyway?'' fushiguro asked, glancing around the streets. it was a working day so the streets were filled with people and bicycles. 

''she asked to meet us here''

''popcorn! i want popcorn'' katsumi heard itadori mumble under his breath, and she glanced towards him. his chocolate eyes were focused on a small popcorn stand, just a few meters away from their group. with a grin, katsumi grabbed itadori by his wrist and started pulling him towards the stand, ignoring the boy's protests. the two left gojō and fushiguro alone to wait in front of the train station.

katsumi was cursing at herself for initiating skinship with someone she had known for two days. with a blushing face, she went ahead and ordered a bucket of popcorn for the two, forgetting that she was still holding onto the boy's wrist. 

itadori didn't mind, as he was completely frozen, only staring at the pale-eyed girl as she ordered the snack for them. his face and ears felt hot, and he could only guess that they were as red as his hoodie.

''here''

katsumi's voice snapped him out of his train of thoughts. the girl let go of his wrist, much to itadori's dismay and gave him the bucket of popcorn. he shook his head and smiled gratefully at the girl. 

''thanks! imma pay you back later!''

『••✎••』

『••✎••』

i think this is going to be one of my favorite stories that i've written