⁰⁹

 a week and a half later, katsumi found herself in the dorm's shared kitchen

a week and a half later, katsumi found herself in the dorm's shared kitchen. she was seated at the countertop, observing itadori who was cooking. it had been itadori's idea to cook something and he invited katsumi to join him since fushiguro was out and kugisaki went shopping, saying she needed some time alone away from jujutsu.

''so, are you gonna tell me what are you making?''

itadori glanced over his shoulder and sent a smile katsumi's way.

''nope! you gotta wait until it's done''

katsumi let out a small sigh, leaning on the countertop, summoning a few petals and just twirling them around herself. they stayed in silence for a few minutes, the only things that could be heard were the clanking of kitchen tools and some random music that was playing from katsumi's phone.

a small petal flying around him caught itadori's attention. the boy's lips formed a small smile at the little petal that twirled around him. he could feel katsumi's impatient attitude radiating off the petal and he let out a low chuckle. after a few more minutes of comfortable silence, itadori turned around, presenting the broth to katsumi.

the dual-haired girl immediately sat up straight, her eyes twinkling in excitement like a little kid at a toy store. itadori sat down next to her, handing her a bowl.

''Itadakimasu~''

katsumi used her chopstick to pick up meatballs that were floating around the broth and brought them to her mouth, taking a bite. itadori watched as her eyes grew wide in delight and he smiled once again.

''itadori! these are delicious!'' katsumi exclaimed, turning her head to look at the salmon-haired boy. he smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck as blush spread on his cheeks.

''thanks''

''you gotta teach me how to make these'' the girl requested and itadori immediately nodded his head, agreeing to her request.

''sure, they aren't that hard to make anyway''

''i look forward to it then''

the two locked eyes. both had smal smiles painting their lips while staring at each other. katsumi could feel the blush spreading across her cheeks, making her look back towards her bowl, focusing on the meal in front of her. itadori's gaze remained on her form for a few more seconds, before he too, turned his attention towards his bowl. the two ate in a comfortable atmosphere, filled with small chuckles coming from both of them – the cause being itadori's jokes and puns.

''he's gonna die''

katsumi predicted, her turquoise eyes focused on the tv screen in front of her while she munched on some popcorn. at itadori's suggestion, after eating they occupied the couch in the dorm's main area and started watching a movie.

''why do you think so?'' itaodri mumbled, grabbing a handful of popcorn before stuffing them into his mouth.

''i dunno'' katsumi shrugged, pointing at the friend of the main character. ''he just has that vibe, like– imma die to protect my best friend''

''oh damn, you right'' itadori agreed. he moved his hand to grab another handful of popcorn, his eyes glued to the screen when suddenly his hand touched katsumi's. the two immediately retracted their hands, taking a quick glance at each other, before itadori let out an awkward chuckle.

''sorry''

''no need, i wasn't looking'' katsumi sent him an awkward smile and then went back to watching the movie, letting an awkward silence rule over the two. a few minutes later, just as katsumi had predicted it, the character died.

''holy shit that's brutal'' itadori cringed and wiped his hands on his shirt, slowly standing up. ''i'm gonna get myself something to drink, want something?''

katsumi glanced over at him and grinned. ''watch this''

the salmon-haired boy watched as katsumi summoned a dozen of her petals and sent them towards the fridge, opening it successfully. she turned to itadori. ''orange juice?''

''sure''

a ding sounded off their phones just in time as katsumi's petals delivered two cans of orange juice, one for each. the two teenagers grabbed their phones, opening the meassages app, only to see that fushiguro had messaged them in their group chat.

[broski's 🤙🏻]

fushiguro
get ready
we have a mission

kugisaki
what?
now???
omfg

itadori
alright

hamasaki
be there in a few

'we'll continue this when we get back'' katsumi sighed, mentally noting down the time they had left off.  itadori nodded and helped her clean up before the two separated, going into their own respective rooms; to get ready for the upcoming mission.

  itadori nodded and helped her clean up before the two separated, going into their own respective rooms; to get ready for the upcoming mission

『••✎••』

their awkwardness is hilarious to me

also, i changed the color of katsumi's hair from strawberry to blonde with purplish-pinkish tips