²⁴

it was a nice halloween evening when katsumi found herself standing near exit 13 of shibuya station along with nanami, fushiguro and ino

''it's a curtain that only traps civilians.'' ijichi explained to the four sorcerers standing with him. katsumi stood behind nanami, right next to fushiguro and ino. ''civilians can only enter. as for windows, that depends on the person. jujutsu sorcerers, as well as auxiliary managers can come and go as they please.''

''what about communication?'' katsumi spoke up. her lips were pulled in a slight frown, assessing the situation that had arisen. ijichi shook his head, sighing.

''blocked. all communication will have to be done outside the curtain or through us, the managers.''

''sounds like a pain.'' nanami sighed and glanced over his shoulder at the only girl in their team. ''hamasaki you go ahead, look into the situation. if you see or sense something, do not engage.''

''alrighty'' the grade one sorceress nodded her head and waved to fushiguro and ino.  ''see ya' soon~'' in a flash, the girl was engulfed in purple light before she disappeared completely.

katsumi opened her turquoise eyes, finding herself in front of the curtain. with slow steps, she walked up to it and raised her hand. the tips of her fingers went through the veil. using her left arm, katsumi summoned a petal and pressed it onto the wall. purple light shone under her fingertips and in a matter of seconds, the petal was gone and instead, a purple lotus picture was glowing on the wall.

pleased with her work, katsumi let out a small laugh, before she turned towards the veil once again. she passed through the veil and immediately her ears picked up yells and shouting coming from civilians that had been imprisoned. 

investigate first.  the sorceress reminded herself, taking a detour to evade any civilians. she hid behind a pillar and crouched down, concentrating on summoning as many petals as she could before sending them around the station.

katsumi glanced over her shoulder for a quick moment, feeling eyes on her, but dismissed the thought when she saw nothing there. her eyes flew down to her phone, frowning at the time. 8:28pm...nothing has happened yet.

''something's not right...'' 

that's when she realized it, or rather, her petals found what she was indirectly looking for. quickly, katsumi ran towards the exit of the station, her fingers already dialing nanami's number.

''the veil–'' the sorceress huffed out and leaned her back on a wall just next to the veil. ''–the barrier. it's divided into multiple levels. the last one almost completely destroyed my petal.''

''have you found gojō?'' nanami inquired.

''i think, he might be there.'' 

''alright, wait for us.''

once nanami had hung up, katsumi's eyes once again flew towards the veil. something tugged at her gut, forcing her to disobey nanami's order. just like that, the blondish girl closed her eyes and focused on a random petal before teleporting herself into the station full. sorry nanami-san

 sorry nanami-san

pt.2 (and maybe 3) will be up tomorrow~