⁰⁵

the following day, itadori sat in front of a crematorium

the following day, itadori sat in front of a crematorium. beside him was gojō with his usual blindfold on and wearing his standard jujutsu uniform. 

''if sukuna is completely eliminated, will there be fewer people killed by curses'' the boy inquired the older male. gojō glanced at itadori, humming in agreement.

''of course''

itadori glanced down at his hands, clenching them in a fist, before turning to the white-haired male with a determined look on his face. ''do you still have that finger?''

gojō nodded and pulled out the mummified finger and gave it to the boy. itadori glanced down at the finger in his hands, frowning in disgust. ''now that i look at it again, it's pretty disgusting''

with that being said, the salmon-haired boy ate the finger. gojō rested his chin on his hand, staring forward, as he waited for a reaction from the boy. the white-haired teacher had a small smirk on his face. 

that's number two. one-tenth of the way there, huh?

a dark menacing aura appeared around itadori. he clenched his fists and closed his eyes momentarily, before opening them and sticking out his tongue, and chuckling.

''gross! so gross it makes me laugh!''

itadori noticed how silent gojō had been, making him turn to the teacher with his eyebrows raised. ''you okay?''

''it's nothing'' gojō waved his hand and beamed at the boy. ''i take it you're prepared for what's to come?''

''not at all'' itadori confessed, shrugging his shoulders and putting his hands in the pockets of his hoodie. ''i'm wondering why the heck i have to be executed, but i can't just do nothing about the curse. i'm gonna eat the rest of sukuna, that's all''

''good stuff! you're really growing on me, kid!'' the white-haired male grinned, standing up from the bench he had been sitting on. ''looks like hell's shaping up to be fun. get your belongings together by the end of the day''