²¹

itadori and katsumi were all cozy, huddled up in several blankets and lying in katsumi's bed watching a movie when out of nowhere the door slammed open

itadori and katsumi were all cozy, huddled up in several blankets and lying in katsumi's bed watching a movie when out of nowhere the door slammed open. the pair jumped and turned around, coming face to face with a disgusted kugisaki. she let out a huff, playfully rolling her eyes. 

''get up, lovebirds. we've got a mission.''

the ginger left, leaving the two laughing. katsumi leaned back in her bed and sighed, a smile on her face soft.

''i don't wanna get up~''

''come on, the sooner we leave the sooner we can continue.'' itadori nudged katsumi's leg. he carefully took her laptop from the bed, pausing the movie they had been watching, before he turned back towards katsumi. the girl clicked her tongue.

''you're right.''

''where are we goin'?''

katsumi stepped out of her lotus, scaring kugisaki and itadori. together they all stepped into the car, katsumi taking the shotgun (much to itadori's and kugisaki's disappointment.) 

nitta akari was the one driving the car. the auxiliary manager had been assigned to help the four first-years in their mission.

''they all got killed by the same cursed spirit?'' katsumi inquired, glancing down at the tablet in her hand. she scrolled through the files. ''both dates and locations are different and the only real clue we have are those doors?''

''does even the door issue have anything to do with the cursed spirit? would a cursed spirit even trip a door sensor?'' itadori added, looking at the manager. nitta glanced at the trio in the back through the rear mirror. ''it's not the door sensor. the door operator was influenced by the cursed spirit and went crazy.it's hard to confirm from the crime scenes whether or not it's the same cursed spirit.''