Dick-Break up part 2

tws:cursing

Dick's POV
Feelings something fall on my shoulder, I look down to see Y/n's sleeping figure. They didn't deserve all of this. I swear when I get my hands on him.... maybe i'll have to sick Dami on him. Yea... that'll have to work.

I glance over their gorgeous figure. Their (s/c) skin, slightly paler then usual, adorning small bags under their eyes. Making it obvious that they have had a lack of sunlight and sleep. Their (h/c) hair fell lazily over their face, framing it perfectly. They're head rested against my shoulder, sending waves of heat spreading through my body. I love them so much.

They moved slightly snuggling into my chest. A soft smile spread over my face. Look over there unusually pale face, I can see dark circles under their eyes and tear stains covering their cheek. Im going to make him regret hurting them.

Before I knew it, I was dozing off aswell.....

-timeskip-

Y/n POV
I cuddle closer to my pillow. Though....its much warmer and firmer then usual. I feel something strong adjust around my waist. Wait-

I peak open my eyelids. Laying underneath me is Dick in all his morning glory. Very much alseep. Me very much laying on top of him. With his arms very much around my waist. Oh. My. God. I'm currently laying on top of my childhood friends chest, as he holds his arms around my waist. AFTER falling asleep on him- I can feel my face flushing with heat instantly, I can only guess my face is as red as a rose.

I attempt to try and wiggle my way out if his grip, but every time I moved his grip on me just adjusted tighter around. So...I have three choices. One, keep trying to wiggle my way out of his seemingly super human grip, risking waking up in this awkward position. Two, wake him up and have to deal with the extreme embarrassment that follows. Or three, accept my fate and let him deal with the situation when he wakes up. As much as I don't wanna deal with the embarrassment... there is no way I can fall back asleep or get out of his iron grip. Two it is I guess.

"Dick" I whisper softly. "Dick come on wake up." Nothing. He barely even stirred, let alone wake up. "Dick. Come ooonnnn pleaseeee. Dick. Dick. Diiiickkkkk." I continue calling his name, my voice becoming increasingly more loud and aggravated.

"Oh for fucks sake- DICK." He jumps this time, causing his chest to fly up and smack me in the face. Making my nose hurt.
"Gah!" I yelp.

"Wha- when- huh?" His eyes search around the room until they land on me.

"Dickkkkkkkk." I whine, still rubbing my nose as it aches from the sudden hit.

"Hmmm?" Dick ask, seemingly still not having fully comprehended the position we're in. He rubs his eyes to get the sleep out of them, though one arm still remained fully keeping me on his chest.

"Dickk can you let goooo-?" Then it all seemed to click in his brain at once. His face instantly lights up like a match on gasoline soaked wood. He quickly unlatches his arm from my waist and i'm finally able to sit up. Which puts me in an even worst position- with me straddling his waist.

"Sorry Sorry Sorry- jeez i'm so sorry-" I stutter out as I struggle to remove myself from sitting on his hips.

"Dick... thank you for yesterday. It means a lot to me. And just knowing that you're here for me makes me... happy" Even if I wish we were more...

Dick's POV
I can't believe that just happened. Last night after comforting Y/n, we must have fallen asleep and some how in some way it ended up with them laying on top of me. My face is so red and hot from blushing, it feels like one of those moments from one of those dumb old movies where the guy gets a nose bleed from seeing a pretty woman. Which would be pretty accurate....

Even with their messy h/c hair, with strands flying ever which way, the bags that were previously under their eyes significantly lighter. A small glossy line on their lip leading to their chin from what could only be assumed was drool. Cute. Fuck no stop it brain. They just went through a bad break up. From a guy who cheated at that. I can't be having these thoughts right now. Unless- no nope nuh uh stop.

After they had sat up, they were basically straddling me before they apologized repeatedly and climbed off, and sat on the floor. Sitting in a W shape, arms sitting between their thighs.

Oh my Alfred's cookies how can someone be so cute and hot unintentionally and not realize it so easily- STOP IT BRAIN UGH.

"Dick?" They asked questioningly, their left eye brow slightly perking up. Nope. Distraction. Now.

"Sorry, zoned out a little heh. Here as an apology for falling asleep let me go make some breakfast real quick." I stand up and head for the kitchen. Not waiting for their response.

Y/n POV
Dick quickly stood up and walked to the kitchen. I'm not sure if I was imagining it or not, but his face seemed to be a lot redder then usual. Picking up my soft blankets and pillows, I quickly put them away before escaping into my bedroom.

Grabbing a pair of black jeans, black socks, a grey tee shirt, and a f/c hoodie, I go into my bathroom. Swiftly undressing myself after locking the door, I step into the shower. Turning the nobs, cold water hits my skin like tiny icicles stabbing into my skin, thousands a second. Quickly adjusting the temperature, I begin cleaning myself, letting my thoughts wonder back to Dick.

Dick was acting off. Yea he's always been very cuddly and shows a lot of physical affection, but never something so...whats the word? Intimate? Yea intimate. We have never been in such an intimate position... nor has he ever blushed so hard but such a simple action. Theres no way...right? Dam it Y/n! You just got out a toxic relationship with a shitty person! Stop thinking like this! Especially about the person who warned you about him.... But then again, my feelings for Dick have never truly left. Fuck.

Turning off the water, I exit the shower and dress myself. Skimming my brush through my hair and styling it to be calm and nice, and brushing my teeth thoroughly, along with doing the rest of my daily hygiene.

Exiting the bathroom, i'm hit with the smell of pancakes. Walking in, I see Dick with several pancakes stacked high. Acting on impulse, i go up behind him and hug him by the waist.

He lets out a small, almost inaudible gasp as his body tenses up. But once he looked down and saw me he quickly relaxed.

"Hey N/n how do you feel?"
"Ngh....cold." i grumbled. i let myself think of everything thats happened in the last few days as decided to screw it and shoot my shot.

"Dick....do you...ugh i hate words" i mumbled the last part to myself.

He set the pancakes to the side and turned the stove off, sending me a curious look afterwards.
"Its ok N/n, take your time." He sent one of his charming smiles down at me.

"I dont know how to put it in words....can..can i do something instead?" I looked up at him, at this point we had shifted around so my face was by his chest, my arms still losely around his waist as he held mine.

"Of course"

And i acted upon his permission. I leaned up to him, slowly so he could realize what i was about to do. His eyes widened slightly, but he soon also leaned in. At first our lips brushed up against eachother hesitantly, before connecting into a magical dance. Each tied together and preforming the perfect symphony. Passion flowed between us before we slowly separated. His face was the color of the brightest red roses, and im sure mine wasnt much different.

"Dick...I love you and I have for so long" My voice came out a small whisper.

"I...I have felt the same for as long as I can remember." A smile spreed from ear to ear, and thats when i knew,

Everything would be ok, even after a break up.

1449 words october 6th 2022
wow not proud at how long this took me to write. honestly i love writing one shots, but thinking about writing a solid book as a main dedication and just having this book to post on the side as inspiration comes, though knowing me not sure how that would/will go. sry and see ya next time :p