Dick-Break up part 1

tw:cheating, implied sex, cursing

Tears were streaming down my face.

I can't believe, after dedicating and caring for him for over three months he went and cheated on me. I should've listen to Dick, he warned me that Jared had a track record for being a dirty whore. But of course he took advantage of me and my second chances.

Today had seem like an actually really good day. It was bright an sunny, something unusual as it is for Gotham, but cool enough that it was comfortable. My hair actually cooperated with me this morning, and my makeup and outfit made me feel attractive. Today at work even seemed perfect. Little to no complaints from anyone and it was all nice and smooth. My shift even ended two hours earlier then normal.

But when my shift ended, and I had grabbed my phone to tell Jared that I was on my way home earlier then normal, my phone was dead. It was probably my fault for listening to music while I worked, but I brushed it off and just headed home.

Never would I have expected to see Jared and some girl in my bed. Undressed.

Of course I kicked him out and broke it off. I paid for our apartment, it was under my name and plus, he was late on his share of the rent anyway.

So here I am, in my most comfortable pair of baggy sweets and large grey hoodie. Sitting on the couch, cuddled into my fluffy blankets. After sitting here for so long, in near silence, it starts to really hit me. Tears fell like waterfalls, and my anxiety started to take control, making my head hurt and fog over any sensible thoughts. It was probably my fault, wasn't it? Maybe it I had been home more and shown him more attention then maybe-

There was a knock at the door.

Of course, its when I look like this, like shit, that I get a visitor. Groggily getting up, I pulled my hood over my head to partly hide the mess that I currently am. Opening the door, I saw the smiling face of my oldest and closest friend, Dick Grayson.

His raven colored hair looked as soft and messy as ever, and his icey blue eyes had a bright shine to them, showing his joy and excitement. Slowly though, the excitement was replaced with worry as he took in my appearance.

"Hey hey hey, what happened N/n-?" (n/n=nick name) He quickly walked into my apartment, shutting the door behind him as he entered.

"Y-you can finally say it. You can finally say 'i told you so'. He finally did it to me." I explained, a sad and painfully fake smile on my face.

"Who did what-? Who do I need to put in jail." Dicks face turned serious, his voice turn cold, no hint of a joking tone to it.

"Jared. Just like you said I would, I caught Jared cheating on me. In the act." My voice was laced with disgust and venom as I said his name and the nasty act he did. I latched onto him in a hug, just wanting to feel grounded. He returned the hug immediately, holding me as close and securely as I held him.

Once I lessened my hold on him a bit, he swiftly picked me up bridal style and carried me back to my pile of blankets. He sat with his arms still having a secure hold on me, sitting with me sitting on his lap half on my favorite f/c(favorite color) blanket, arms around my whole frame, as I nestled my head under his chin. He rubbed small circles on my back, and stroking a hand through my hair, whispering soothing words of comfort, as he slowly rocked us back and forth.

We sat there for what felt like forever, but realistically it couldn't have been much longer then twenty or so minutes, before Dick finally spoke up.

"Do you wanna talk about it N/n-?....Or, eat an unhealthy amount of junk food and soda and watch ridiculously cheesy and unrealistic comedy shows?" Dick said, a slight teasing tone in his voice that accompanied his suggestions.

We both broke out in small giggles and chuckles, snuggling close. "Hmmm...I say the latter choice. That tub of ice cream in the fridge sounds pretty good right now." I let a small smile creep on to my lips as I rubbed my tear stain cheeks and puffy eyes.

"Good, you need a distraction right now. Here, choose something to watch and i'll grab some snacks." He gave me a reassuring smile as he handed me the remote and left to the kitchen.

Looking through the comedy section on Netflix, I settle on 'Total Drama Island' and settle as I wait for Dick to return.

Coming back after the intro played, Dick returned with a bowl of popcorn, two bowls of ice cream, two bottles of coca cola, and a few candy bars. He placed them on the coffee table before taking his seat next to me again. We snuggled back up together, warmth spreading between us.

Dick is to good for this world, even with his nightly activities and horrid experiences, he still wears a bright smile and always has a joyous expression. That constant positivity that he always carried, is one of the reason I like Dick so much- even romantically. Not long after we became friends, I had started developing a small crush on Dick. But being by his side for so long, i've seen him fall in love and date so many different beautiful and powerful girls, I don't stand a chance.

For example, Barbara Gordon. The commissioners daughter, one of the previous Batgirls. Someone so strong and fearless who dated Dick.

And then there was Kor'i. A freaking alien princess for crying out loud. Tall, strong, fucking beautiful, woman with an equally as strong and unique of a personality to sit with her looks.

And then theres me. A normal human, whos y/h (your height), small and weak compared to Barbara and Kor'i. With a basic personality and life. How could I ever stand a chance?

1040 words. July 19th. 2022
so. been a month. sorry (._.'). got distracted, and i started my band camp yesterday. so i have band came this week and next week, and school starting like august 6th. and ive been really out of it and stuff with writing with a lot of writers block. that plus having the goal of the chapters be atleast 1000-1500 words dont work well together. annndddd this is a second a account i use only for writing, so i some times forget it exist. ima try get part 2 out in a week or two. peace ✌️.