Jason-Bandages and Cuddles

tw:light cursing, mentions of blood/injury, cute cuddling(sounds suggestive but nothing happens)

The tv was starting to become boring.

I glanced over to the clock on the wall, it reading three eighteen am. Jasons been gone for forever just patrolling around the city, probably just looking for someone to punch. I had changed from my scrubs earlier and had replaced them with a hoodie and shorts just a little to short to be appropriate for a family dinner.

Refocusing on the tv, some show about a blonde girl from another dimension and a brunette human guy fighting a weird small green-grey dude with a skull on his head was on. Unsure of when the show changed from the blue and green animal loving brothers, and turned off the tv to prepare to lay down.

Thats when I heard the window open and somebody shuffling around in the kitchen. Finally, hes home. Now for coming home late, ima get some payback.
Stepping quickly and softly through the hallway and into the doorway, I saw Jasons back with his shirt halfway up his torso, fiddling with some gauze and cloth as he tried to tend to his bleeding out wounds. Also, did I mention the amount of blood? Yea its everywhere, on him, the counter, and currently dripping on the floor.

Just starring at him and admiring his back for a second, I snap out of my daze and continue my plan. Creeping forward silently, I get up close behind him and stand there for sec, watching amusingly as he struggles to wrap them around his back. I got up close to his ear and said three simple words, preparing to run back.

"Need some help?" Stepping back and against the other kitchen counter quickly.
Just as I predicted, he had turned around and punched the spot where I had been standing quickly, dropping the roll of gauze as he did so. Once he realized it was me, the tension in his body deflated and he let out a calmed sigh.
"God Y/n, you scared the hell out of me, almost literally." He let out a small chuckle after that last comment.

"Eh, its karma for not showing up for our movie night and coming home like shredded meat."
A small nervous smile came on his face at the last part, before his expression completely dropped.

"Shit, our movie night was tonight?! Im so sorry babe, I completely forgot. They had these drug dealers and they-" He began rambling until I cut him off.

"Shhhh, you can make it up later. For right now, I think we should patch you up, so your not just standing up and bleeding out in front of me. Please?" I gave a small pout at the end, making sure he sides with me. He looked down at him open cuts and bruises and murmured an agreement.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the living room and pushed him on the couch. Leaving to go back to the kitchen, I grabbed the gauze from the ground and the bloody towel he had been using from the counter. Looking around, I realized the idiot hadn't grabbed anything to disinfect or clean his wounds. Quickly grabbing some antibiotics from the medicine cabinet along with a few clean towelettes, I headed back to the living room. Jason had turned the tv back on, watching a movie with a superhero in a red, blue, and black spandex suit using some webs to travel around the city. He seemed to be criticizing and praising the movie at the same time. Once he noticed me he turned so that he was facing me.

"So," I begin.

"So what?" He retorted, a knowing look on his face.

"Mind telling me who was so important to beat you this badly and miss our movie night?" I faked hurt in my voice as I poured the cleaners on a large towel. I knew it was either someone getting hurt or selling some sort of drug to kids, his soft spot for them was almost as big as his one for me, but I need to distract him from the stinging the antibiotics were gonna cause.

"There was a Black Mask delivery coming i-" He cut off with a small hiss as I dabbed the towel on his chest and mumbled a small sorry, continuing my cleaning.

"Basically, he was getting a delivery of some hard drugs that they planned on selling near some of the schools in the lower parts of Gotham." He paused with a small wince, but continuing anyways. I guess this was like a bee sting compared to some of the things hes felt.

"Its a shit thing they do. Selling drugs to kids who have it like hell at home, and probably even at school. So, when I saw it, I had to stop it before it even got to Mask. There was even some pretty deadly weapons in their. I took a few a souvenirs and stuff to give to B to check out." By the time he finished talking, I had cleaned the blood off of his back and chest. I grabbed the gauze and began rapping it around him, leaning close to make sure I could reach.

"Well, I see they got some nasty hits on you, did you make sure they got off twice as bad and in prison?" I asked. I smirked as I noticed the light layer of pink on his checks at how close I was to him, but pretended to act oblivious.

"You bet sweet checks. I made sure they had plenty of broken bones and were chained up on a nice silver platter." The cocky tone was evident in his voice. My distraction had worked as by the time he finished explaining the drug deal, he was fully patched up. Realizing, he gave me a sly smile and pulled me on his lap.

"Mmm, I'm lucky though. I can go out at night to kick criminal ass, and come home to the prettiest and best doctor." He snuggled his face into my neck, leaving light butterfly kisses as he held my waist. While I was currently straddling his lap, doing basically the same as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and cuddled into it. Moments like this are my favorite, but of course he has to ruin them.

I heard him laugh quietly before he jumped up and threw me over his shoulder. I yelped in surprise at the sudden movements as he started to run, parading around like he had just done the best thing in the world.

"Ok haha, you win. Now put me dowwwn." I whined as I dragged out the ending. I could practically here the mischievous ideas running throw that beautifully dense brain of his.

"Ok love, i'll but you down." His voice held emphasis on the word down, and before I process what was happening, he was running to the bedroom. I yelled out in shock and held on for dear life. And before I knew it, he had threw me on our bed. I stared up at him, as he leaned over me laughing his ass off. Not accepting defeat, I grabbed his arms and pulled him on the bed. But before he could recover from his shock, I threw him to the side so he was on his back. and got onto of him.

At this point, both our faces are bright red from blushing and laughing so hard. But since he was still in shocked silence, I took advantage of the moment by kissing his nose and laying down on his chest as a wave of exhaustion came over me.

He must have had the same feeling as he simple gave a small chuckle and wrapped me in his arms, basically in my books accepting defeat to the cuddles.

"Good night beautiful."

"Night buckethead."

1313 words. June 10th 2022