Chapter 23

"And you're done, you're really easy to work with." I smile, grateful for that, "Thank you, there's no need to make your life any harder if you're helping me." She smiles as she starts packing away her things, "I wish other celebrities were like you, you'd be surprised how many are like, grade A assholes." I frown and Damon walks in, "Jackie, pronta?" I nod walking toward him. 

We're about to interview to promote the movie, on the other hand, I think they've done enough promotions, I'm splattered across every screen and magazine lately, everyone is either singing my praises, bashing my father who has gone into hiding, or singing that I'm a nepotism baby, I don't care much, but when it applies to Nicolas I get worried, I expect a call from him soon, but for better news, Logan's 26th is next week which we love, I'm excited to give him his gift. 

Also, it's the middle of May now so the weather is somewhat better. 

I go through my phone liking fan edits and photos, "Non devi farlo." I sigh pocketing my phone, if you can't tell my Italian is somewhat better, I can understand it now, so I'm focused on how to speak it, "I do though, I wouldn't be here without them, besides I don't mind it." He nods and we stand on the x mark, "We'll countdown for when you're meant to step on." 

Soon after she holds three fingers up and counts down to one before pointing forward, we step out smiling, the light momentarily blinding me, I wave at the audience before taking a seat next to the host. 

She smiles at us eyes lingering on Damon who shifts in his seat, "Wow, this has been a long time coming." Damon nods, "Yeah it has." I stay mute, I don't like this host, something feels off, it's felt off since we got the call to do this interview.

"So we'll get right to it, how's the movie?" Damon shifts crossing his legs, jealous, I can't do that, "It's great, it's coming along really well, honestly it's all Jackie 'cause I can't keep a straight face for most scenes." She turns her attention to me, "Speaking off, Jackie we haven't heard your voice tonight, is everything okay?" 

I nod smiling, "Yes it is, I just have social anxiety and don't do well with new people most times." She nods, "That's understandable, however, why choose this career if you deal with that?" I pause thinking my words through, "Well, my original plan was to start a business, but after giving it some thought this just felt more natural, you know?" She nods, "Yeah, actually this is outside the movie but what made you choose acting?" 

I frown, why am I getting all the personal questions?

"Well, Damon actually, I was fresh out of college and I just returned from a trip, and he's like J the directors are still looking for a female lead, I suggested you, you have an audition, and I was like no I'm not doing this, but he convinced me and well here I am." She smiles, "You have great friends. On the topic of private life, you're a famous child, why hide?" 

Okay yeah no, but Damon answer's before I can, "She just didn't like the limelight, can we move on?" She nods, "Sure, Damon we held a poll with fan questions and the number one question was are you single?" He smiles, "Yes I am but I'm focused on my career right now." 

"And Jackie, last we heard you were set to be married." I frown, how on earth did she know that? "No, it was a whim thing, we'd been dating for a long time and just thought that was the next logical step." She nods, "So you are in a relationship." I smile, "Well who knows." She laughs. 

I'm going to get shit for not answering that. 

"Always the secretive one, well we kept a secret too, we have a special guest." I tense looking at Damon who frowns, "What? Is she allowed to do that? Are they allowed to do that?" She nods turning to the audience, "We got in contact with him just hours before this and he agreed to be here, please welcome Nicolas Abelli." I panic looking at Damon, he frowns squeezing my hand, and whispering, "Calmati, don't overreact." I frown moving closer to whisper, "Calm down? I don't want to see him, he abandoned me." He nods, "Per favore J." I sigh sitting back in my chair as my father walks on stage.