Chapter 8

I laugh, my hand resting on Micheal's bicep to stabilize myself, "Please, your daughter is adorably funny!" he smiles at the little girl running around the living room, "I know, just like her mother." 

The little girl runs up to me, "Up, please." I smile bending at the waist, picking her up, she smiles brightly showing off her missing teeth, "You're beautiful." 

"That she gets from me." I laugh at Layla's face as Mrs. Russo walks in, "Thank you so much for watching her." 

"Oh please, no thanks needed, Layla is my favorite girl." she smiles up at me giggling, "How much do I owe you?" I frown playfully at her, "Mrs. Russo, you owe me nothing, I did this because I like kids, especially Layla." she smiles, pinching Layla's cheeks with a warm motherly smile on her face, "Okay then please call me Dianna." I nod with a smile passing over an excited Layla to her.

They offer more thank you's as they leave, I wave them off smiling, "Well that's one way to spend your Saturday night." I flip Damon off, walking into their kitchen, "Fuck off, I enjoy her company a lot more than yours." he laughs leaning on the door frame while I clean up the mess Layla and I made in the kitchen while making cookies.

Winter break was well over by now, we're looking to valentines, not much happened for me during the break, but damn were the rest busy, Damon got busy after signing the contract because they wanted to shoot some scenes before they let him get back to school, and now they shoot scenes around his schedule, perks of having my mum as an agent. Olivia went to New York to settle with their grandparents, Matthew left towards the end of a break for New Orleans to go apartment shopping with a friend of his, Logan went to Canada for his sister's wedding and Julie? I don't know where she went, is it bad that I hope she died? Maybe, I don't care.

It doesn't matter though, I'm just trying to enjoy these last three months with the group, but it's easier said than done, I'm busy with recruitment meets before the team votes for a new captain, and I'm planning senior parties for the volleyball team seniors and the sorority seniors, I'm planning my third-year anniversary date, I'm doing TA work with Micheal who now has me as a stand by babysitter which I'm not mad about, she's cute, I'm training for summer camp coaching, I'm in student senate, and don't get me started on my sorority positions.

"Move over let me help." I smile scooting to the side so he rinses as I wash, my thoughts wandering away from me, I welcome the distraction, anything to stop me from crying about the guys leaving because that's all I can do recently.

I glance at Damon who's focused on rinsing to the best of his abilities, he's my best friend, they all are, but Damon especially, but he's leaving, I mean yay but nay, you know? His hip bumps into mine, "Why the frown mama?" I sigh leaning on the sink, exhaustion from everything catching up to me, "Just thinking." he nods grabbing my hands, he rinses them off and helps me dry them before wrapping my hands around his waist, his hand runs the length of my arms soothing me, he's always so warm, they all are, it's unbecoming of them, "Tell me what's going on in that pretty head of yours hm?" I sigh tightening my grip, he frowns pressing a kiss to the top of my head, "You're leaving, you all are, I can't be sad with Matthew cause he's never here anymore, and he's so happy to leave that I can't bring myself to dampen his mood, and Logan, my God Logan, he's been so sweet, the sleepovers and all, and I'm helping him sell his stuff, and he's just so understanding and calm with me, then you, you're my favorite person champ, and I'm going to miss you, a fuck ton." 

He sighs placing my head on his chest, running his finger through my hair, "Come on mama, don't be like that, Matthew has been so excited with the place he got, and he's still trying to convince his mum to let him go but that doesn't mean he doesn't want to know how much you'll miss him, as for Logan, he loves you a lot and is headed home from his date right now, and me? Well I adore you, mama, and I'm not leaving, I'm just moving an hour away from home, I'll come by every chance I get, I promise, okay?"