Chapter 19

I smile at the flashing lights, angling my flattering side towards the cameras, twenty seconds later I'm walking down the red carpet towards my mum when Damon grabs my wrist and pulls me to his side. 

"Hey, you okay?" I nod, "Yup why?" He shakes his head, "No reason, I know you don't like your pictures being taken, but your pictures won't be used, I promise it's just a formality." I wave him off, "I'm okay, champ, really, I just want to get inside." He nods, "Okay, I have to do an interview, come with me?" I glance around, debating whether or not that'll be a good idea, "I don't know." He stretches out his arm, "Please, mama." 

He pouts at me, looking like he'd die if I said no so I give in and he takes my hand leading me towards a reporter.

Okay let me catch you up, Damon just finished filming a movie a month or so before I came back so this is the red carpet premiere of the show, we are all here but Olivia and Logan snuck in through the back, I wanted to do that too but mum says that it'll look bad on her if I sneak around. 

"Damon! Hi!" He smiles while I stand off to the side, he takes my hand in his and squeezes it, I can feel him shake a little, he's adorable, I squeeze and wink at him and he nods, "Hey." 

The lady beams, "It's so great to see you again, last time we met you were new to the scene but now you have three movies out and you're only two years in, how does it feel?" He's smiling but gripping my hands so tight, it's so awkward standing here, "It's great, I mean I wouldn't think I'd make it here so soon but I did and I'm so thankful for that." 

She smiles placing her hand on his bicep, "It's truly amazing how quickly your name rose to the top, and however cheesy this might sound I can't help but ask, who do you owe your success to?" He smiles, "Well, obviously, I put in the work and I did what I was meant to do but I owe it all to my supporters, I wouldn't be here today without any one of them." She nods, beaming as she takes her hand off gesturing to me, "And who's this lovely lady? A girlfriend?" 

Damon smiles and spots my mum waving us over, "Unfortunately, we're out of time and I have to head inside, it was lovely talking to you again." He ushers me to his side and his hand finds the small of my back, once we're out of earshot I speak, "You did great." He sighs, his shoulders visibly dropping as he glances at me, "Yeah? I feel like I fucked up the who do you owe this to question" I frown shaking my head, "I don't think you did, you're a natural." 

"That he is, now come on we need to head inside." My mum ushers us in first, and the bodyguards she hired surround us, "Wait." Damon stops and waves at someone, she blushes and walks over, "Hi, I remember you, I signed something for you a couple of months back right? At the movie theatre?" She smiles, "Yeah, yeah you did, I was stumbling over my words, I didn't think you'd remember me." I smile at her, "He doesn't forget a face, it's honestly a bit jarring." 

She beams at me, "Oh my god, you're Jackie Mendez." I smile, a bit shocked that she knows me, "I'm sorry if we've met before I'm not good with faces." She shakes her head, "Oh no, I've just heard so much about you, Damon is so proud of you, he is always gushing over you in like interviews and stuff." I nod smiling, "I'd hope so, I'm one of his best friends, after all, that's beside the point, are you heading inside?" She nods, "Yeah I am but I don't have good seats so no rush here." 

Damon frowns, "That won't do, Joan is there a seat?" She sighs, looking through her phone, "Okay yeah, but just one seat." Damon turns to her smiling, "It's yours if you want it, that is if you didn't come with anyone else." she beams, "No,  I didn't come with anyone but I couldn't possibly." I roll my eyes and link my arms with hers, "Come on, you can meet our other friends too." She chokes and we start walking again. 

"I really am fine." I nod, "Of course you are, but there's a better seat up front, or do you not want to seat with us?" She shakes her head looking between the two of us, "Oh I do, it's just that when the movie ends it'll be awkward because the people in front leave first and all." I dismiss her statement with my hand, "We don't mind giving you a ride, here's a secret, the food here sucks ass, so we're going to eat afterward, you can always tag along if you want to."