Chapter 6

"Hi, Micheal." he smiles waving me over, "Hey, so how's it going? Settling in well?" I smile nodding as he sits on his desk close to me, "Yes, it's wonderful, thank you." he smiles resting his hands on his thigh, "Oh please no one else fits this position more." 

A student walks into the class, "Hi Mr. Russo." I glance back smiling at the student who nods to me in recognition before giving my attention back to Micheal, "I'll go take a seat at the back." he nods patting my arm, "Sure, and don't forget to wait after class?" I blush in embarrassment, I'd rushed out of class because Matthew had texted me that he was lonely and wanted to cuddle and maybe have sex, "I'm sorry that was an off day for me." he smiles waving me off, "That was no problem." 

I make my way to the back and find a seat pulling out my laptop, the seat next to me is taken but I pay no mind, "Hi." I turn and smile, "Hi." he smirks leaning in, "What's up mama?" I wink turning my attention back to the email I'm typing up, "You should pay attention today." I see him shrug leaning back on his seat, "Why? I've got my tutor." 

"I'm not your tutor." he pouts, poking my arm, "Come on J, don't be that way, let's study today." I shake my head looking up just in time for Micheal to motion to shut the door, "No, now shut up and pay attention to class." I stand to close the door, I catch Logan's eye outside the door and wave, he winks at me and I shut the door smiling.

"Okay class before we officially start today's class, I want to introduce our new TA, Jackie, I couldn't do it last time cause she ran off, but whatever you need concerning this course, she has the answer, she'll send an email out about meeting hours, make use of it." a few glances are thrown my way as I find my seat, Damon leans in whispering, "When can I meet you?" 

I stare at him, the smile slowly capturing my face, I roll my eyes elbowing him, "Don't be ridiculous, just come to my dorm if you need help." he smiles patting my thigh, "Gotcha mama." 

*********

I'm exhausted by the time I get to my dorm, "You look like shit." I smile dumping my bag on my bed, "Liv, don't start shit you can't finish." she laughs as I plop on my chair, "I didn't expect you back yet." I glance at her bed noticing the man beside her, I pull my hair back into a ponytail, "Oh, sorry, shit girl, why didn't you text me?" she shrugs, "Slipped my mind." I smile at the male sitting on her bed, waiting on her for an introduction.

I stare at her, and she looks at me confused, "What?" I roll my eyes at her impolite attitude, "Does he have a name?" she laughs nudging him, "Oh yeah, no, not him, no offense." she directs at him and he shrugs, "I'm Jameson, just a fuck buddy." I nod smiling, "Ah, yeah, sorry, I'll give y'all your space." she nudges him, and he rolls his eyes scooting off the bed, "No, stay, I was just leaving." 

He leaves with a wave, "Liv." she smiles at me, "Jack." I turn my chair around, rocking backward, "So? Tell me about New York." she smiles flopping on her bed, "It was fine, I guess." always the vague one, at least until you dig the answers out of her.

I frown, "Liv? How are your grandparents?" she sighs turning to face me, "Bad, they were so mad Damon turned them down, I get why he did it but it was all about how ungrateful he is, and how he's throwing his future away and shit." I sigh, it was her weekend, she was stepping up to the plate as the new heir to the fortune, went to press conferences and everything but of course papa wanted to whine about Damon, "He told me about that, I think it's great what he's doing."

She nods, "Yeah it's great, so great actually and I support him fully but now everything is on me, Papa is talking about marrying me off in some business deal, thankfully mum shut it down but honestly I could do without the stress, I can't imagine how much Damon was handling." he told me a bit about it, it was hell for him, but he was so upright about it, he carried the stress with grace.