Chapter 22

I sit the glasses on my head as Damon leads us through the set for the camera test. 

It's the last part of the audition, testing Damon and I's chemistry on screen,  afterwards, they'll make the decision. 

I shake with excitement and Damon squeezes my hand pulling me closer, "We are the best duo off-screen, the camera would only be capturing that." I nod as we make it into the testing room. 

"Jackie, Damon." I smile as Damon greets the producer first before he comes to hug me, "How are you today Jackie? Nervous?" I smile politely, "A wreck." He smiles, "You got this in the bag, we're just making sure you both work as well onscreen as you do offscreen." I nod and Damon squeezes my hand, "You'll be led to the makeup room, just a little touch-up, make sure the light doesn't clash with your skin, then we'll be doing the scene you auditioned with, that okay?" 

I nod taking a deep breath in, I'm in my head, I just need to get out of it, Damon and I are pushed around, I want this, I want to be this woman, for many reasons, but I've never thought I could do it, the artist smiles down at me, "All done." I thank her, moving towards the makeshift bedroom, someone slips their hand into mine, "You've got this mama, I'm right there with you." I nodded taking a deep breath, I need a drink after this. 

We step onto the scene and the director and producer take their seat, "We'll start right away, I'll say cut and we'll be done for the day, we'll let you know how you did later today." I nod and walk over to the other side of the set I take a seat on the bed facing the director and do a couple of deep breaths, "Okay, and action." 

"May? May?" I sigh and run a hand through my head staying seated as I stare forward, "What, Jack?" Damon moves and the bed dips as he seats next to me, I scoot away, and he starts to speak, "Don't, if you want to give an excuse please don't, nothing can excuse this!" 

He sighs as I stand and cross over to grab a phone off the nightstand, "May I didn't mean to, you have to believe me on this." I scoff turning around to face him chucking the phone on the bed, "So you slipped? You slipped so hard that your dick fell in my friend?! And now you're dating her?" 

He stares at me for a while fighting a laugh and my eyes widen slightly, he turns away from me, "That wasn't me." I shake my head and head over to the side of the set stuffing some clothes into the bag provided, his hand stops my movement, "May please, listen to me, that was my brother." My shoulders shake with a laugh, "Yeah cause that's the truth." 

"Cut." 

Damon and I burst out laughing and I swat his hand away from me, "You asshole! Why were you laughing!" He doubles over, "Not my fault you scrunched your nose! You were going to laugh first!" I push him away, "I can't with you." Our laugh subsides as the producer and director approach us. 

We sober up quickly at the looks on their faces, "I'm so sorry, I swear I'm professional." They look at each other, "You're perfect for this role, you guys were communicating beyond the words even though it had nothing to do with the scene, but that's exactly what we need, Jackie the role is yours if you want it." 

I smile, my mouth opens and closes unable to form words, "She wants it." I nod finally finding my voice, "Yes, yes, thank you so much." They nod, and Damon and I leave the set after they promise to send the schedule to his agent. 

I squeal and jump on him, he laughs carrying me to the car, "Holy fuck dude, I'm in a movie!" He smiles and sets me on my feet when we get outside, the paparazzi swarm us and I feel my head for my glasses, "Oh god Damon my glasses, we forgot my fucking glasses." 

"Giannina! Giannina! Where did you go? How's your dad?" Damon scoots closer and the guards cover us, he leans down to whisper in my ear, "I'm sorry mama, I was so excited." I squeeze his arm, "It's okay, I'm fine, I totally spaced on it because I was so excited." We duck into the car and I sigh.