Chapter Three - The Monster and the Superhero

Start from the beginning

You smile gently at him, giving him a short and slow salute before walking inside. Dustin seemed to have gone to sleep, and your mom was no where to be seen. You immediately go off into your room to take a shower and go to sleep. You had a big day tomorrow.

———

"Jesus!" You hear Eddie scream from the other side of the door, seemingly spooked at the door making such a loud entrance. That wasn't part of the plan.

"Delivery service!" Dustin exclaims, holding up some bags you got from the gas station a few miles back as a peace offering. Steve snakes his arm around your waist as Eddies eyes turn to meet your own. You smile to him brightly, waving.

Dustin hands Eddie the bag, and he immediately goes to the canoe to enjoy his snack as you tell him what you know so far. "So, we've got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin states from the side of Eddie, Steve still having a death grip on your waist behind him.

"Bad news first, always." He states, mouth still full with the Honey Comb cereal you got for him, the box still in hand. "Alright. Bad news." He repeats. "We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% convinced." Max corrects from the other side of Eddie. "And... The good news?" He asks. "Your name hasn't gone public." You state, smiling wearily over to him.

"But, if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin says from behind Max, making you let out a sigh and rub your temples. You'd been trying to refrain from getting him all panicky again.

"Hunt the freak. Right?" He asks, voice cracking slightly and eyes watering up as he looks over to Robin for confirmation. "Exactly." She states. "Sooo, before that happens we find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin says, trying to lift the mood.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it!" Dustin responds. "Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean... They have a... A few times," Robin says, motioning her hand over to you and Steve, to which you nod over to him. "And... And I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs more smoke-related? But! Bottom line is, collectively, I really think we got this." She finishes, giving the floor over to Steve.

"Yeah, see, we usually rely on this girl who has super powers, but uh, those went bye bye so..." He says, you pursing your lips at the mention of El. You missed that girl so damn much. "So we're technically still in the..." Robin says. "Kinda..." Steve says, catching on to what she was saying. "Brainstorming phase." You finish for her, as she was still trying to think of the word.

"Brainstorming!" Steve exclaims. "There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin stammers, to which Steve scoffs. You roll your eyes as the two smile over to Eddie who gave them an 'are you serious' look.

Suddenly, you heard sirens in the distance, and instinctively grab Steve's arm. "Shit." He says, now hearing them as well. "Tarp!" Robin exclaims, just as you all scattered like mice to one of the windows to see what was going on just as Eddie threw the tarp over himself.

You look out the window to see many ambulances as well as police cars speeding to get to a location that thankfully wasn't yours. But then, you feel your stomach drop at the thought that it could've been another attack. You look over to Robin who was at your side.

"We need to go check it out." You state, to which she nods in agreement. Steve was already out the door, keys in hand. "Don't go anywhere, Eddie!" You call to the man who snorted from under the tarp before going out the door and to the front of Steve's car.