Chapter Two - Vecna's Curse

You groan at the sound of your alarm clock blaring you awake, slamming the button to turn it off before stretching in bed, looking down at your watch which read the numbers 7:30 AM. You sigh, stretching your back out before getting out of bed, going to your closet to get your work outfit from it.

The D&D campaign went better than imagined, according to Dustin. They had in fact found a sub, and you were thrilled when he said it was none other than Erica. You knew she was a nerd, there was no way she wasn't.

You put on light makeup, putting your hair into a cute style because why not? If you had to wear this ugly uniform, you were making it up with your good sense of fashion. Your vest was decorated with all your favorite things in patch form, both you and Robin having decorated it when the two of you had a sleepover once you got the happy news of getting the job.

You grab your wallet and car keys on the way out of your room, picking Mochi up who was sitting peacefully on the couch before you rudely disturbed her. You kiss her head, nuzzling your nose on hers, before booping her cute nose and placing her back down.

You walk out the door, walking to your car before hopping into the drivers seat, taking off to the Family Video (which luckily wasn't far from your house). You tap your hands on the steering wheel to the beat of Footloose playing over the speakers, the run time taking all the time you needed to get to the small store next to the Arcade. You get out of the car, locking the door as you do, causing you to catch a glance at the thrift store right in front of your place of work. You smile to yourself, remembering fondly the day you bought Dustin's 'Thinking Cap' at it. You were very proud of your finding, glad you could replace his stupid camp one.

You see Steve's blue car, and smile to yourself knowing that you wouldn't have to open the store today. You enter the building, hearing the familiar chime of the bell ringing above the door as you do. You see Steve and Robin stocking up VHS tapes on the various shelves, walking straight up to them as soon as you do.

"Need some help?" You ask Steve, as he was carrying a whole stack of tapes that were on the verge of falling. "Nah, I've got it." He said confidently, making you roll your eyes and take some off his hands either way. "I said I got it!" He exclaims.

"You were quite obviously lying. Those tapes were one wrong move away from crushing you alive." Robin says from the edge of the shelf, leaning on it. You smile to her, fist bumping her at her agreement to your action. "So... How was your night with Vickie?" You ask, throwing her suggestive eyes. "Don't even get her started." Steve says from the other side of you, chuckling at her blushing face.

"Ignore him, tell me every last detail." You say, putting 'Grease' in its respective spot back on the shelf. "Well.... Okay, it was so totally great! Oh, my God. Remember when Steve whispered over to me that he was right?? And I said she does sound like a Muppet???" You nod, laughing at her giddiness.

"Well, she heard me. Then she laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either." She explains, and you nod again, giving her understanding eyes and letting her continue. "It was like... A real, genuine laugh."

"Of course, it's my Muppet joke, it's hilarious." Steve says from the side of you, making you shake your head and slap his perfect hair playfully for ruining the moment.

"My point is! That Vickie laughed... And everything was just like... It was perfect."

"....But?" You ask, knowing there was another part to this story. "But, I'm having this problem... Where it's like, I should stop talking. I've said everything I need to say. But then, I guess I get nervous? And the words keep spilling out, and it's like my... My person is moving faster than my mouth, Or, or rather my, my mouth is moving faster than my brain, and it's like I'm digging this hole for myself, and I wanna stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?" She finishes, turning around to face you and Steve. During her rant, you had managed to fill up all the remaining shelves, and were now back to the front.