Chapter Four - Will The Wise

"Will?!" You call, searching the school hallways frantically for the small boy who always seemed to get himself into these situations. "Will!!!" Dustin calls from beside you. "WILL!" Max shouts, a bit behind the two of you.

"Y/n???!"

You snap your head to the side of the hall, trying to find the familiar voice who called your name. "Ms Byers???" You say, confused to see the frazzled women in the school. She was rushing down the hallway to meet you halfway, obviously just coming from the front office.

"What's going on??? Where's Will?!" She asks frantically. You all jump as a door slams open from the side of you, which led to the outside. "The field!!!" Mike yells to you all, panting in exhaustion from sprinting from the location.

Joyce takes the lead, hurrying out of the door to the outside, not checking to see if you all were following her. You do. When you get through the door, you can see a short figure in the distance, staring at the sky in some sort of trance.

"Will. I just found him like this!" Mike defends himself, going to Wills side. "I think he's having another episode." He says, Joyce running over to the small kid. She bends down so she was at his level, before grasping her hands on his face, cupping it desperately.

"Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's mom!" She says, shaking him gently. It looked like he was having a seziere, eyes rolled back to the back of his skull. "Will, wake up! Can you hear me???" She asks, eyes tearing up.

"Will, please, just wake up! It's mom! It's me!" His eyes finally roll back into place, his breathing very choppy. Joyce sighs in relief, bringing him into a comforting hug. He starts sobbing uncontrollably from inside his mothers warm embrace.

"Come on, baby, let's get you home." He nods shakily, still trying to catch his breath. "Hey, hey, it'll be okay. Your moms taking you home, you're safe." You try to comfort, rubbing his back from the other side of him. You all head inside, you and Joyce helping him keep steady as you lead him to the car.

You let him go as you got to the front of the building, letting his mom take the lead. You sit yourself down onto one of the concrete steps, waiting for the rest of the group to catch up.

"Okay... That totally freaked me out... Did that not freak you guys out??" Max questions, watching the two drive off. "Two episodes in two days... It's getting worse." You look up in confusion to Lucas.

"He had another one???"

"Yeah... Yesterday, it was pretty bad." You sigh, putting your face into your hands. "You think it's True Sight?" You perk up at that, knowing that phrase after playing with the boys at a few companies throughout the years of being friends with them.

"What's true sight??" Max asks, obviously not an avid D&D player. "It's nothing." Mike states, annoyed. You sigh, fed up that Mike continued to leave Max out.

I hope Will is okay.

——————

It was the following day, and your brother was acting very suspicious, but then again, all teenage boys did at this age. You didn't really think much of it, munching contently on your Lucky Charms, the small green leprechaun staring you down from the box.

You feel a bit offended by the judgment look he was giving you, and turn the box over aggressively. Your mother laughs at your action. "So, my car broke down yesterday. I may or may not need to-"

"Borrow my car? It's okay, Mom, I was feeling like biking to school today anyways." You say smiling up to her. She smiles sweetly back. "Also, if you could, would you feed Mews, as well honey bun?" She asks you, to which you nod.