Part Two : Chapter One - MADMAX

season two is a go !! wooo

——————-

"Y/n!!! Do you have any change!??" You hear your brother Dustin call from the other room. You sigh in annoyance, just wanting a second to relax before you had to go with your brother and his friends to the arcade. "Yeah! For me!!!" You shout back, to which you hear an angry groan in response.

You were currently seated on your twin xl, reading Stephen Kings 'The Shining,' which was a new tradition you've made for yourself to get pumped up for Halloween, one of your most beloved holidays that just so happened to be tomorrow.

You had your new song obsession, "Fly Me To The Moon" by Frank Sinatra playing on loop in the background. You had finally gotten a stereo boom box to play different cassette mix tapes of music that you've made. It was the best Christmas present you've ever received.

Your appearance had changed quite a bit since last year, you had somehow gotten even more attractive than you were the year before, and more people had started to notice. You got asked out on a regular basis, though always saying no. You didn't want to date while still being a Junior. And besides, you wanted to work on yourself and worry about your own mental health before needing to do so with someone else. You still had a lot of mental barriers to get around before being ready for that kind of commitment.

Speaking of mental health, after the Demogorgon incident, all of the people who had previously worked at Hawkins Lab had been immediately fired and replaced. The people who now occupied their spots were now working towards fixing the others mistakes, and that started with your group.

You were all offered therapy for the trauma you all had to endure over the past year. Nobody but you and Will took them up on their offer. You saw the same person he saw, someone called 'Dr Sam Owens.' He helped you open up, as well as overcome some hurdles in order to make the way to recovery possible. Your mom took you once or twice a month, but left once you were in the office as it was confidential information.

You had also started returning to your martial arts classes once Dr Sam had recommended you going back. It was a healthy and good escape from reality. It made you feel capable again. You also had started to work out, getting stronger and more fit as the weeks went by. You were quite happy with the progress you had been making as of late.

Your nightmares were still bad as ever, but not as consistent. Your anxiety had started to come in small waves as opposed to the tsunamis you had last year, making your life much easier.

"Come on Y/n!!! We have to go, we're gonna be late!!!" Dustin yells, barging through your room and making you jump slightly at the sudden noise. "Jesus, Dustin, you gave me a heart attack! Give me a sec, would you? I'll be out in a second, just let me put my shoes on."

You go to your closet, grabbing your shoes before hastily putting them on, you also take ten dollars from your money bank on your way out just in case. On your way out, your mom tosses you the car keys from the plush chair she was currently trapped in, due to Mews laying contently on her lap. You catch them with a short disapproving sigh. You really hated driving.

"Get in, loser." You tell Dustin, meeting him up at your car that was parked next to your moms. He gets into the passenger seat, both of you buckling up before you start the car, putting it into reverse.

"So, how much did you losers end up with?" You ask, driving in the direction of the arcade. "Twenty one dollars, not including Will and Mikes earnings."

"That should be more than enough." You say, putting your cassette tape into the car before turning the volume up, smiling at the familiar sound of "Old Time Rock & Roll."