Chapter Three : The Case of the Missing Lifeguard

You put the car in drive, taking the car out the parking lot with the girls giggling in the back. You dig in the side car compartment, trying to find a tape worth listening to. Finally, you smile at the one you were trying to find, sliding the tape into the car. Kate Bush's beautiful voice started playing through the speakers as 'Babooshka' started.

You tap your fingers on the wheel to the beat of the song, singing along with the woman. "You need anything from your house, Max?" You ask, looking in the rearview mirror to see her nodding, bopping her head to the beat.

"I like this song." She says, looking to El next to her, who nods as well. "Well of course, who doesn't like Kate Bush???" You question, laughing as Max shrugs her shoulders. "Crazy people. What's the song called?" She asks, just as Kate Bush yells out Babooshka.

"That." You say, giggling at the perfect timing. She nods her head, mentally writing that down. It didn't take long to get to Max's house, and she was quick. Running back out of the house with a duffel bag in hand. She gets back into the car, and you make sure she had her seatbelt on before taking off in the direction of your house.

"Be right back, don't do anything stupid." You say, using your pointer and middle finger to put up to both your eyes, pointing them back over to the two who had mischievous looks on their face. You sigh, getting out of the car, willing the car to not be in shambles when you got back.

Walking into the house, you explained to your mother what you were doing before quickly packing a bag with clothes, as well as sleepover necessities. Running out of the house, you give your mom a quick peck on the cheek before bolting out the door, throwing the car door open to see the two girls sitting in their spots innocently.

"I swear, if I find something in here two days later, you're both dead. Got it?" You threaten to which Max rolls her eyes. "We didn't do anything, chill out." You glance at her suspiciously before driving out of your driveway, and to Hoppers house.

You finally all arrived to El's house, hauling everything into the cabin before setting up base camp in El's room, Max turning on the radio. Honestly, this was the best you've felt in a long time. You had a whole night planned ahead of you full with making friendship bracelets, doing each other's makeup, painting each other's nails, etcetera.

Max was currently jamming out to 'Angel' that was playing over the radio, singing along to Madonnas angelic voice. El was bopping her head along to the beat, flipping through one of the many magazines Max had lent her from the stash she had stocked away back at home for occasions like this. You were watching the two with an amused glint in your eye from your place next to the wall on the bed, so grateful to have the two girls in your life for nights like these.

El stares into the magazine, staying on the same page for five seconds before Max goes over the side of the bed next to El. "Oh, you found Ralph Maccio!" She exclaims, plopping down in front of her. "Maccio?" She asks, confused. "Yeah! He's the karate kid! Hai-Yah!" She exclaims, karate chopping the bed. You burst out in laughter, finding it amusing seeing as you were actually once a student in the art. "What's so funny??"

"Your form, and your perception of karate." You say, giggling at her confused face. "You're in karate???" She asks. "Was, I got my black belt and moved to the martial arts." You explain, to which they both look at you in awe. After a few more laughs, El goes back to looking at the man present on the magazine.

"He's so hot, right?" You roll your eyes, not finding the man that attractive. "I bet he's an amazing kisser too." She says, to which El gives her a weird look. "Hey uh..." She says, getting up onto the bed in front of El.

"Is Mike a good kisser?" Max asks, to which you lean in to hear the answer. "I don't know." She responds, rolling her eyes with a smile. "He's... My first boyfriend."