Chapter Seven : The Bathtub

"Did you say blood draws this thing?" Joyce asks Nancy. You were all currently cramped into Hoppers office. After finding all of the 'monster hunting' supplies in Jonathan's car, Hopper had demanded for all of you to explain what you were doing.

"We don't know. It's just a theory." You respond, keeping your head down as to avoid Hoppers gaze. You watch as Joyce takes Jonathan out of the room to chat with him.

"Why aren't you with the kids? I thought I specifically told you to keep an eye on them. I made myself clear." He says strictly, and you cringe at his wording. "I have been watching them. I've kept them safe. They're smart kids, Hop. They'll be fine being by themselves for an hour."

"We don't know that! For all we know they could be in mortal danger right now. And we would have no idea." His speech was cut short by a shrill voice complaining to the other two officers from outside the office.

"Stay right here, you two. I'll be right back." He says to you and Nancy, exiting the room and leaving only you and your best friend together.

"I'm sorry." She says finally after a long period of awkward silence. "Sorry? For what?" You ask her. "For not telling you things anymore. I didn't tell you about this situation, I didn't tell you about Steve being a douche the day you were gone for the morning, I didn't tell you about Jonathan." You let out a sigh at her speech.

"I.. I haven't been completely open with you either. I can't explain it right now, there's way too much to go over, but I knew about the Upside Down before you knew of it, I knew a kid with superpowers has a very big key role in this whole thing, long story, I knew that Will wasn't dead." Nancy chuckles slightly at your monologue.

"Guess we haven't been very good to each other as of late. Hey... Let's make a pact that from now on, no more secrets between us." She says, putting out a hand for you to shake. You smirk up at her before taking it and shaking.

"Sooo... What's going on between you and Jonathan?" You ask, to which she slaps your arm playfully. "Nothing... We're just friends." You hum, tapping your index finger onto your chin.

"Heh, see, that's really funny, seeing as how the last person you said that about ended up becoming your boyfriend-"

"Shut... Shut up, Y/n." You laugh at her stutter and red face. "But... If you do really like Jonathan, more than a friend.... Please, break things off with Steve. He doesn't deserve to be played like that, thinking that you love him when in reality it's for another guy. And especially not being cheated on, nobody deserves that."

"Of course I would... Not that I even like Jonathan like... That... But nonetheless, yes, I will do that." You smile to her. "Even if he is being a douchebag right now, he did see you and Jonathan getting all cuddly together-"

"Oh, shut up Y/n!" She says, laughing at you to which you follow. Your banter is cut to an abrupt stop when Hopper barges through the door.

"We need to go. Right now."

———————-

You were all stood on top of a hill that overlooked Nancy's house, and you all saw multiple tiny men taking things from the Wheeler house, many white vans surrounding it. Hopper was talking to Nancy outside while you, Jonathan, and Joyce were seated in the car.

On the ride over to their house, Hopper questioned you about what all you knew. You told him everything, from Eleven to the Upside Down. He was rather furious that you for one didn't tell him of your findings, and that you let the boys go out to look for Will when that was exactly what he warned you not to let them do, and to be honest you couldn't blame him.