Part Three - Chapter One : Suzie, Do You Copy?

Six months had passed since Eleven closed the gate, and life couldn't have been better. Her and Mike had officially started dating, kissing each other every chance they got, you wouldn't see one without the other. You were ecstatic when they finally told you, happy that they were finally together.

You and her still had girl night outs occasionally, most of the time consisting of you going to get food and bringing it back to the cabin. Hopper was insanely grateful that she wasn't spending all of her time with Mike, even if it was the vast majority of it. You constantly told each other the newest gossip of the town, always gushing over boys and the new mall.

You visited Steve and a new girl named Robin who was his coworker at 'Scoops Ahoy' regularly, not only due to your love for ice cream, but also to you watching the kids on a regular basis. The Starcourt Mall was their new hangout, and they loved having you around, so why not??

You had considered getting a job at said mall, but didn't when you got a call from Dustin's camp. You spent the first two weeks of you summer at 'Camp Know It All', working there to help wrangle kids. You had gone to it many times before to help Dustin out, and you were a backup person in case someone got hurt, which just so happened to happen this year around. It was now two weeks since you got back, and today was the day that you were bringing Dustin home.

You were currently at the Harringtons residence, both of you seated on the humongous couch they had next to the TV, your head resting on Steve's lap as you were in a deep sleep, the hand he had running through your hair probably the only thing keeping you asleep. If you had known what position you were in, you would have gotten up immediately.

You and Steve had many moments like this as of late, and they always made your heart race with anticipation, never wanting the moment to end. Nothing ever came out of it, though. The mere sight of his stupidly handsome face made your heart skip a beat for some reason. You constantly had to keep your emotions in check when he was around, scolding your constantly nagging heart all the time. You didn't know what it's deal was.

"Steve..." You murmur out, sleep coating your eyes as you groggily say his name, finally waking up from your fantastic nap. You were still really out of it, brain not fully processing the situation you were in. His hand stops stroking your hair much to your hearts disapproval as he lets out a soft, "Mmm."

"What times it..."

"Dunno." He responds, yawning as he continues his soft petting. You draw your eyes away from Indiana Jones that was currently playing over the TV. You look up to see Steve's face looking down at you and panic, bolting upright, accidentally knocking Steve in the chin as you do so. You wince. "Sorry!" He groans. "I liked it better when you were asleep." He states playfully, making you scoff, looking away so he couldn't see the blush coating your face. You get off of him, stretching your sore body before looking at your watch.

"Shit." You say, grabbing your jacket from the other side of the couch, leaning over Steve's body. "I gotta go get Dusty, wanna come??" You ask, looking up into his gorgeous eyes before getting up from your place on the couch. "That's today???" He asks, excitement sparkling in his eyes. You laugh. "Yep. We've already had this discussion yesterday." You state, recalling your time at the 'Scoops Ahoy' the night before when you drove all the kids to have a free viewing of 'Day of the Dead' using the back rooms to get to the movie theater unnoticed. Something... Strange happened that night. There was a huge power outage, which would've made sense if it was just the Mall due to faulty wiring or something, but it was everywhere in Hawkins.

He groans, bringing you back to reality. "Do you have to?? We haven't even finished the movie!" He exclaims in dismay, not answering your question as he realizes that this conundrum would mean you leaving him.