Chapter Three - The Monster and the Superhero

"Go ahead inside, Dusty, I need to talk to Steve about something." You tell your brother as Steve pulls into your driveway. Everyone else had been dropped off at home, agreeing to meet up at your house the next day to get supplies for Eddie and take it to him.

You didn't need to tell your brother twice it seems, as he immediately gets out of the car, a bit sleepily, and walks groggily into the house. Steve stays quiet, hands still firmly pressed on the wheel. You take one of his hands, putting it up to your lips before kissing it gently.

"You know I wouldn't do that to you..." You say, referring to what Nancy did a year ago when she kissed Jonathan when they were still together. "And... You know I care about you so much, Steve Harrington. You're my doofus, and no one can change that." You state, rubbing soft circles on the back of his hand.

"I was trying to calm Eddie down. He was having a panic attack, and I would have done that for anyone." You continue, to which Steve finally looks over to you, a weird expression on his face.

"Oh no, I- I wasn't... Jealous or anything. Me, nah. Why would I be jealous of... Him?" He responds, grabbing your chin to make you look up at him. You couldn't tell what his next move would be and it honestly gave you an adrenaline rush.

"Just... Protective." He murmurs, his hot breath sending chills down your neck to your back. You were a mere inches from his face, waiting for his first move before you moved at all. You stayed like that, anticipation eating you away.

You finally move, as you couldn't take it anymore. You smash into his soft lips, him returning the gesture immediately. Your fingers find their way to his hair as his hands wander all over your body. Different feelings were circling the atmosphere, not at all as gentle as your kisses together usually are. Jealousy, happiness, love, anger, passion tell just what Steve's thoughts were at the moment.

You bite his lip gently, requesting access to which he denies. You growl into his mouth, trying to deepen the kiss. He still doesn't let you, a shit eating smirk growing onto his lips. "You didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you?" He asks, pulling you away from his lips for a second.

You shrug. "Worth a shot." You say, immediately finding your way back to his lips. He immediately bites your lip, the exact same thing you did to him. The absolute audacity of this man. You think to yourself, keeping your lips pressed shut.

He seems to have expected this outcome, as his hands go from your waist over to your hair, pulling it harshly back, making you gasp at the sudden movement. He takes the opportunity the second it comes, snaking his tongue to meet yours.

As the two of you fight for dominance, butterflies were erupting in your stomach. You ignore them, though. You would not submit to him. You feel his hands trail up your shirt and you immediately pull away, leaving Steve wanting more.

"Wha-" He says, a bit out of breath as you put your jacket on. You shake your head, smiling to yourself lightly. "I'd rather not in the car." You state, to which he smirks. "Why not?" He asks, making you slap him upside the head.

"You are so gross, doofus."

"You started it."

"Did not!"

"Did too-" you cut his argument off with a gentle kiss, leaning over the stick shift to get to him. You try to keep this one more tame and short, pulling away as soon as you came. "See you tomorrow, love." You say, opening the passenger door before turning around to see his reaction to the new nickname. His eyes were half lidded, hair an absolute mess thanks to you, but he couldn't seem to care any less, eyes focused solely on you with a look of absolute admiration in them.