The End

Two years later

I sprinted towards the car, where Jake hung out of one of the windows, eagerly shooting at the zombies chasing behind me.

"Drive!" I screamed as I jumped up onto the back of the car and fumbled with the gun in my belt, quickly loading it and shooting after multiple of the zombies, watching them fall to the ground as Jake sped off.

"Are you alright?" Jake yelled out from the front as I dropped my gun down beside me and panted, watching as zombies fell behind in the dust the car left behind itself.

"Unharmed," I called back, deciding to crawl into the car through the smashed back window.

I easily got in on the passenger's seat and dropped the bag of goods I had managed to find in the convenience store.

"And here I thought Japan would be a little more dainty to run around in," I commented and immediately a small laugh came from Jake, "didn't Yeonjun say something like that on the boat over here?"

"Oh don't worry guys, Japan is all good, all good," Jake quoted making me snicker quietly before looking out through one of the windows.

I hummed quietly as I leaned back in my seat, shoving my gun back into my belt. As I glanced over towards the bag beside me I recognized the packaging of the top item.

"Jake?" I questioned, immediately earning a small 'eung' from the front seat, "you still... you still dream about Millie, right?"

"Every night," he hummed quietly as he glanced at me through the rearview mirror, "Sunghoon too... and Jay."

"Oh," I nodded quietly, trying not to close my eyes for too long.

If I did I knew I would immediately be met by those perfectly round eyes, but the worst thing was that they were always turned up into a smile whenever I closed my eyes.

"Yah, Jiyeon," Jake called out and I abruptly moved my eyes over to look at him, "did you hear what I was saying?"

"No... sorry," I muttered and he hummed quietly.

"I said, that even though I miss her it's fine. She's more safe and happy wherever she is now," Jake remarked and I nodded quietly, "she was very scared after we left the base, so maybe it was for the best."

"Is it true you tried to amputate her arm?" I questioned making him go silent, "you didn't kill her on purpose because she changed, you tried to stop the changing and that was what killed her."

"Where have you heard that?" he questioned and I sucked in a small breath.

"Soomin theorized it," I muttered and turned my wrist in my other hand, "is it true?"

"She asked me to," Jake nodded quietly, "her fever was terrible and she was covered in cold sweat. I knew she was going to die nonetheless."

"And you still have survivor's guilt," I stated and he quietly nodded, "pull the car over."

"What?" he questioned and raised his eyebrows at me in the rearview mirror.

"You heard me, pull over," I repeated and he hesitantly before pulling over.

As the car stopped I pulled my sleeve down over my white gauze, letting out a small sigh. Immediately he turned in his seat and looked at me with expectations.

"Thank you," I muttered and he cocked his head to the side, "for taking care of me... after Sunghoon died."

"Oh but Jiyeon that was the least I could do," he reminded quietly and I shook my head at him, "it was."