| 2.24 |

Soomin looked at Heeseung with fire in her eyes as she sat in the passenger seat, just staring holes into the side of Heeseung's head, meanwhile the older boy changed the gear of the van.

"You listen to me once again Lee Heeseung, and you listen VERY closely," Soomin slowly spoke, "I don't care when and where the next house is. Heck I don't even care if it's on some island. You're pulling over and we're setting base in that house whether you like it or not."

"We need to meet up with-" Heeseung spoke.

"Then you're setting Jiyeon and I off," Soomin calmly spoke, "I do not care what we need to do and who we need to meet up with."

Lin glanced over towards the front of the van before dabbing the wet cloth on my forehead. By now I couldn't really keep it a secret that I had been drained from the whole ordeal in the mall.

"Or maybe it was because she and Jungwon decided to sleep outside during the night," Heeseung remarked and Soomin let out a huff.

"She was already weird before we went to sleep," Jungwon shook his head while he strode up to stand beside Soomin's seat, "noona is right... we should pull over."

"There's a house right there, pull over," Soomin sternly spoke as Heeseung simply glanced at her.

A deep sigh escaped Heeseung before he turned the car and drove down a path to another farm house. Through the top of the windshield I could see a yellow house that reminded me a lot of the house we had stayed in previously, the one that apparently was Soomin's childhood home.

I watched as Soomin just looked up at the house before whispering something to Jungwon, who immediately turned around and rushed over to crouch down in front of me. He quietly pursed his lips before brushing my hair out of my face.

"When we get to the house Soomin is gonna take you to a room and check if you have a fever, blood poisoning and all that sorts, okay?" he questioned softly as I just frowned at him, "we need to check you're not infected with something or such."

"I'm fine," I assured him, in what came out as more of a whisper than I had hoped for.

"Quit saying that," he shook his head, "it's painfully obvious to all of us that you don't feel well."

"But I'm not weak anymore," I reminded him and he just hummed with a small nod.

"You know... Sunoo had a bit of a bad health too," Lin spoke up and I glanced over to her, as she sat beside me, "it wasn't because he was weak, but sometimes if he overworked his body he would get sick... it was also after he got shot in the back."

"It's true," Jungwon nodded in agreement as he sat down and just looked at Lin, "it was about... four years ago?"

"Yeah," Lin nodded as she quietly looked down at the cloth in her hand, "he was shot and tried to get through his recovery too fast... so whenever he began overworking himself he would get sick... just like you are right now... and this van surely isn't making it better."

"In conclusion it is normal to feel sick, and don't you dare suppress it and act like nothing," Jake warned and I smiled softly as he turned around in his seat.

"Alright, everyone out of the car," Heeseung sighed as the car came to a stop and everyone got up and out.

Lin held onto my arm in order to make sure I didn't fall and my knees didn't buckle as I walked out of the van and up towards the house with everyone else.

"Jake and I will check the house first," Heeseung stated before Soomin just pushed him aside and knocked the door open with her shoulder.

"For once... I'm gonna join in on that unit as well," Soomin excused before getting oiut her gun and walking into the house, leaving Heeseung with a stunned look on his face.

"Come on, say it man," Jake urged and nudged Sunghoon's arm, "I can see it on your face."

"I'm absolutely head over heels," Sunghoon murmured, "god that was hot."

Everyone snickered at Sunghoon before Heeseung and Jake quickly rushed into the house, leaving four of us behind to just wait patiently. Soon enough Jake stood in the door again, nodding for the rest of us to follow along.

Lin helped me into a room before setting me down by the window, Jungwon quickly rushing in and sitting beside me as Lin just looked at us with a soft smile.

"You miss him, don't you?" I carefully questioned as her smile stayed still on her face while she nodded.

"More than anything," she whispered before glancing down and quickly directing her gaze out the window beside her, "I thought when I would find you guys again that I could be with him... but I can't really control what have happened, now can I?"

"Ji I don't think-" Jungwon quietly whispered before I simply ignored him and continued looking up at the sad girl in front of us.

"You know... I'm not here to make anything worse, but the reason he gave you that bulletproof vest was to ensure you stayed safe no matter what happened to him," I reminded her and she quietly nodded.

"I know... there's a reason I haven't done anything stupid yet," she reminded before softly nudging my shoulder, "you sorta need me to stay alive, don't you? Without me you could've rottened up in that damn surveillance room."

"That's true," I hummed in agreement as a small smile spread on her face.

"Hold on..." Jungwon murmured before getting up from where he sat and rushed over to the window, "who's that?"

I quietly turned my head and looked out to see a horse gallopping up towards the house, a covered person sitting on it. A wide cowboy like had on their head, a long shirt and pants, a scarf covering their mouth as well.

"I think we might've taken someone's house," Lin slowly murmured before looking down at me, "how do you reckon you can shoot right now?"

"We're not leaving her alone in this room," Jungwon sternly spoke as Lin sighed and looked over at him.

"Who of you two is most mobile?" Lin questioned and Jungwon just stayed silent, "that's what I thought. You're gonna do exactly as I say."

"No," Jungwon sternly shook his head, "you go tell your plan to everyone else, but if she's in danger of dying then I am staying with her the whole time."

"Why won't you just do as I say?" Lin hissed at him.

"You weren't there, you don't know what happened last time," Jungwon shook his head, "do as you want, but I'm staying with her whenever fatal danger is gonna be around us."

Lin frowned up at Jungwon before just glancing down at me. I didn't say anything in return. I understood where Jungwon came from but I was aware that we needed to stay safe.

"I need to alert the others," Lin murmured before rushing out of the room.

Jungwon stood still by the window before just extending his hand towards me. I softly laid my hand in his and he immediately held it tightly as he kept looking out at the person who slowly rode closer and closer to the house.