| 10 |

Jungwon had quickly turned off the music as we both had seen the gates in front of us. We had both shared a glance as he had stopped the music before both letting out small laughs at the chaos that just had been in the car with us singing along to the weirdest folk music, not really knowing the lyrics at all.

I let out a small laugh as Soobin and Taehyun opened the gates for us once again, making Jungwon glance at me.

"What is so funny?" he questioned in amusement and I just shook my head at him.

"I just... no forget it," I excused as he stopped the car.

I grabbed all the bags from the back and jumped out with Jungwon soon following suit and doing the exact same thing.

"I need to report something to mr. Bang," Jungwon excused and grabbed the two bags with vegetables from me, "go to the small yellow house, tell Millie I sent you. I'll come shortly after."

"Okay," I hummed before throwing my own bag over my shoulder and walking over towards the yellow house, while Jungwon rushed off to the house I first had been in yesterday when I came here. 

Once I was by the yellow house I quietly knocked on the door, earning a small yell of 'come in' to echo out to me. I carefully opened the door and poked my head inside. I was immediately met by a girl smiling warmly at me. She had nice tanned skin and long dark brown hair with perfectly straight teeth.

"Millie?" I questioned and she just smiled at me.

"That's me," she nodded at me.

"Jungwon sent me here," I excused and closed the door behind me as she just nodded.

"Ah you're the new girl... Sunghoon's and Jay's sister," she pointed out and I just nodded at her, "come on in and we'll do your quick checkup. Jake will you pass me the small aid?"

As I walked further into the house I was met by the sight of a puppy-like looking boy sitting by a small table in the house. It seemed he was sitting and organizing things as he just gave me the warmest and widest smile I had seen in a long time.

"What did you do to Jungwon?" Millie questioned and patted the stretcher in the room, signalling for me to sit.

"He had to go and report something," I excused and she just nodded at me.

"Do you have any big wounds to your knowledge?" she questioned and I quietly shook my head, "only a few bruises and cuts?"

"As far as I know... yeah," I nodded at her.

"Okay, then I'll just check them for infections," she assured me with a small smile, "are you wearing anything under yoru shirt?" she questioned and I just nodded before pulling my shirt off so I just sat left in my tanktop.

"Alright... let's get you fixed up a bit," Millie smiled as she walked over to me and carefully scratched off the scabs of my cuts with a small knife, before using rubbing alcohol to clean the cuts.

"Jungwon said you two came here together," I spoke up trying to break the silence in the room.

"We did," Jake nodded before smiling towards Millie, "been here for the last six years."

"Jake and I was kindergarten boyfriend girlfriend, I guess we just never saw a reason to break up," Millie excused with a small smile.

"I already promised her I was going to marry her once we turned 18," Jake hummed making me softly smile at the two. They were awfully cute, and I had barely even been around them for five minutes, "but I guess now it's pushed so that promise lasts until all of this mess is over."

"If it is over," Millie clarified to Jake who let out a small gasp.

I watched as Millie just smiled at Jake before walking over and grabbing another cotton ball dipped in alcohol from him. 

"I am going to marry you before I die that is for sure," Jake sternly informed her making Millie just smile at him before returning to me.

"But you must've met Soomin too then," Millie commented and I just shook my head at her, "no? But she and Sunghoon is almost the same as Jake and I."

"You're the first of you three girls I've been introduced to," I shook my head at her.

"Okay I'm here," Jungwon quickly rushed in through the door, making all of us just look at him.

"Wait they hit you?" I questioned him as I saw a thin red scratch across his left cheekbone.

"Who hit you?" Jake questioned in shock as he looked up at Jungwon, who quickly wiped away the blood that was trickling down his cheek.

"We got chased some of the way back to the base. Must've grazed me with one of the bullets," Jungwon shrugged as Millie just immediately snapped her fingers and pointed to the spot beside me on the stretcher.

Jungwon let out a sigh, he was almost like an angsty teenager at a time like this, before sitting down beside me. Millie didn't even hesitate to grab a new cotton ball from Jake as she carefully cleaned the cut on Jungwon's cheek. Afterwards she used small white band-aids to pull the cut together, hindering it in bleeding any more, only leaving a thin bright red line on Jungwon's cheek as the only trace of his cut.

"You need to be careful out there, there's people that want us dead," Millie softly scolded Jungwon.

"Who... who wants us dead?" I questioned in confusion making the three in the room just share glances.

"People who don't share the same beliefs as us about how the world is going to be once it needs to be rebuilt again," Jake spoke up in an utmost calm manner, "they'll do anything to either have us convert or have our heads on sticks."

"Which is why it is much safer for you to be here than be out there alone," Jungwon quickly assured, making me slowly nod at him, "in here we're more protected in a group than we are alone out there. You must understand that."

"O-okay..." I slowly nodded at him before slowly looking at Millie and Jake, who both seemed to share a glance before nodding in agreement.