| 51 |

By my question it went dead silent in the car, a pin could drop and the only sound that would cancel it out was the muttering from Jungwon and Sunghoon further down in the camper and the engine going as the wheels rolled across the concrete.

I was about to repeat my question when a small sob had sounded out from up front and I turned my head in time to see Heeseung reach his arm over and rub Sunoo's back soothingly.

"Oh, did I-" I started and Niki immediately shook his head at me.

"You couldn't know," Soomin softly assured as she just looked over towards the two boys up front, "you weren't there."

"It's not your fault," Millie sternly stated as she looked at Soomin who just quietly nodded as she looked down before rubbing her hands over her face and pressing her fingers against her closed eyes.

"I couldn't help her," Soomin whispered, "I didn't know."

"She's..." I slowly trailed off and Soomin nodded before quickly standing up and excusing herself, quietly walking down to where Jungwon sat.

She seemed to be saying something to the two boys, obviously holding back her tears before Jungwon nodded and quickly rushed back out to us immediately looking around before rushing over and sitting down beside me.

"What happened with Lin-" Millie started only to get cut off by Heeseung.

"Guys maybe not now," he excused as I looked over to see Sunoo pressing his face into Heeseung's shoulder as Heeseung tried to drive.

"Oh my," Millie muttered as another sob escaped Sunoo, "he's been like that ever since it happened."

"I don't even think I've seen him smile," Jake shook his head before letting out a deep sigh.

"What ha-" Jungwon quietly started but immediately stopped as I looked to him.

"Lin," I quietly whispered and he immediately nodded before looking up towards Sunoo.

In a flash Jungwon had quickly moved over and stood up as he rushed up to stand beside Sunoo and hugged him tightly, removing the older boy's head from Heeseung's shoulder. I could see small vibrations come from Sunoo as it seemed like he sobbed against Jungwon, who just quietly whispered something to him.

"You barely met Lin, right Jiyeon?" Millie spoke up and I simply nodded my head as I tore my eyes away from the two boys and over to look at her.

"Only a few times," I nodded at her, "but I remember passing by their room at night. I could hear them talk and let out small laughs with each other. It always made me smile in some way... I get why Sunoo would be sad about it."

"Guys seriously, stop," Heeseung spoke up and I looked back towards the front of the camper before quietly nodding and just leaning my head back against the wall behind me, quietly picking at the skin on the back of my hand.

So now we knew we for sure had lost two people, but was still unaware of the others in the camp. I suppose we would be meeting the other survivors at the place Heeseung was talking about. The one down south. I guess the only thing I could do was to hope that we all made it down there.

"Earth to Ji," a voice commented and snapped their fingers in front of my eyes, making me immediately look up to Jungwon, who had crouched down beside me.

"Sunghoon didn't murder you," I commented and a small smile spread on his fac ebefore he shook his head and sat down beside me again.

"He said..." he slowly trailed off and reached over to grab my hand and intertwine our fingers, pulling my hand over in his lap as he softly began playing with my fingers, "that.... since he is injured at the moment I had to take good care of you and keep an eye out to make sure you didn't get hurt or was sad."

"Do you think it would be alright for me to go down to him? It's been a while since I spoke with him last time..." I softly murmured as I looked over at the way Jungwon was playing with my fingers.

"I think he would be more than delighted to see that you're just fine. He's only gotten glimpses of you," Jungwon nodded at me and I smiled softly down at our hands, "you wanna go to him now?"

"Yeah," I whispered as I looked down to see Soomin quietly leaving Sunghoon behind, "it almost seems like a hospital visit... everyone is waiting for their turn to go visit the sick."

"Go down to him, okay?" Jungwon whispered and I just nodded as he let his grip on my hand go loose and I hesitated to pull my hand back to me, eventually ending in Jungwon placing my hand in my lap and softly squeezing my shoulder.

For some odd reason I felt quite nervous by the thought of going down and talking with Sunghoon. Maybe I still was scared he wans't ready to see me yet. He had said my eyes reminded him too much of Jay, last time I had seen him... or even talked to him.

Sucking in a deep breath I moved my way down the camper towards where Sunghoon sat and quietly looked out the window to his right. It seemed like it was a bed he was sitting on. 

He didn't even realize my presence at first and I had to clear my throat for him to even look at me, and once he did I wasn't even sure what emotion it was that I saw in his eyes. It was either sadness or relief... or both.

"Are you feeling better?" I questioned him and only got a look of my brother spreading his arms widely in return.

"Can you please just give me a hug?" he breathed out and I quietly nodded before walking over and sitting down beside him as he pulled me into a tight embrace, too tight for the wound in his shoulder. I even heard him wince before I carefully wrapped my arms around him.

"Your shoulder will hurt," I quietly reminded and he just hummed in return.

"I don't care, I was too worried," he muttered and I quietly hummed at him as his hand burried itself in my hair and he let out a deep breath, "let's promise to stay together from now on."

"I'd like that," I nodded in agreement as I softly patted his back.

I had missed my brother, even though I knew it was just the two of us now and not the three we once were.