"I don't care... and don't worry I will be leaving this building by the evening as my office in the publication house needed some renovation." Armaan's expression changed examining her serious face, "Hey... I didn't mean that... listen I was just infuriated by your cold attitude towards me. You made me feel awkward out there in front of the board members you could have behaved professionally but instead, you weren't even paying attention to it...". She organized the table gathering her things.

"I said I don't care... if someone else would have been chosen CEO I wouldn't have behaved like that because somewhere it would have been my fault for not being serious about my position but in this, my father changed the whole perspective of it so don't ask me to be professional." She reasoned herself and picked her files to leave. Armaan stood in her way holding her arm, "Don't leave Ishita... even if you aren't the CEO, you still have a respectful position in this company..." Ishita lifted her eyelids glancing at his pleading face then down at his grip, Armaan removes his hand from her arms.

She had no idea why he wanted to stop her after humiliating her himself. "It isn't about you Armaan, it's about me because you are a typical business tycoon searching for more opportunities but here it is my father who ruined my life once again. So, don't give me those pitiful looks I don't want it and yes this is your office and you're the new CEO so congratulations." She turned and left.

Armaan kicked the desk, "Fuck..." he cursed himself for being rude to her. Then he realized he doesn't care and he shouldn't care but his heart was betraying him. His phone flashed with Aadesh's call picking it up Armaan mentioned, "Well I have won and been chosen as the new CEO of Mehra Pharmaceuticals Private Limited" Aadesh congratulated him then added, "This company will in the future grow further and I would be promoting it so don't worry about its marketing. Well, Mom told me she's visiting Mehra Family today and might do the Roka Ceremony afterward." He chatted with him for a while.

Ishita met her employees and bid them goodbye walking down to the parking lot. She opened her car door but stopped on her track glimpsing at the building, and smirked "What do you think Armaan Goel I gave up so easily? ... tsk... tsk... What you're considering a victory is your first step toward failure and the first step of my plan towards winning..." she hopped inside starting her sports car and drove away from the building.

Nayantara visited Mehra Family and met Ajana and Raj Kund, Ishita wore a green Kurti with leggings walking down the hall in her heels. Nayantara pats the seat next to her gesturing her to it, Ishita obediently sits next to her and indulges in the conversation with them. Nayantara kept the conversation light mostly revolving around Anjana and Raj Kund's expectations from Goel Family because she was well aware of Ishita's interest.

Nayantara suggested, "If you don't have any problem then we will do the Roka Ceremony after two weeks then further events for the marriage. Armaan and Ishita can choose their wedding dates." She glimpsed at Ishita to know her opinion, "I don't think that would be convenient as I'm moving out of my office and also have a business meeting in Connaught Place, New Delhi." Ishita mentions carelessly. Nayantara got to know that Armaan takes over her office as CEO and Ishita wasn't happy about it, she just nodded and asked for her favorable date, and Ishita suggested "After three weeks...". Nayantara agreed with it, Anjana and Raj just nodded as they didn't like their daughter's cold behavior.

Later that night, knocking on the door Anjana walked inside Ishita's study room while she was reviewing the blueprint of the greenhouse plant. "Ishita this is not right..." Ishita raises her brows at her mother, "What" she asked and removed her eyeglasses. "Your behavior towards Nayantara. She's just trying to be nice and you just kept on misbehaving with her I observed you in the hotel as well. She wanted Armaan to spend time with you as you were sitting idle feeling bored. You should be grateful that you're getting such an understanding mother-in-law like her and such a caring husband like Armaan."

She huffs in response and exasperated, "Mom... please don't start this now... I never wanted to marry him in the first place but I'm trying to adjust to it so don't keep any expectations from me." Anjana got angry at this, "If you don't want to marry him then fine just don't treat his mother like that, she has done nothing wrong. Why are you misbehaving with her and treating her opinions like shit? What has she done wrong in all this?". Ishita observed her mother's changed behavior, "What has happened to you mom? You were never so fond of someone or are you that desperate for me to leave my career and get stable in life with that lunatic." Things got heated as Ishita wasn't mentally stable at the moment as she was facing all the problems in her life because of Armaan and she wasn't able to control her anger when her mother started favoring Goel Family.

Anjana took deep breaths to calm herself then explained, "From where did that come from..." Anger took over Ishita, "I don't know... but I know this very well that this is because of Armaan and Raj Kund's dirty business. So, if you want me to act grateful I can't because no one ever did a single thing for me. I don't want to handle this pain, suffering, and responsibility, anymore I'm done keeping it inside me for years. When my father abandoned me, my career stood with me and I focused on it but now when things were in my control, he turned his back on me and sold the company my grandfather laid down to that arrogant bastard."

"I never pressurized you to do anything against your will. I understand that you're facing major issues as Armaan has taken over but baby sometimes you need to accept your failure you can't always win so move on with it. It doesn't mean you will pull out your frustration on someone else think about it with a calm mind. Does Nayantara deserve this kind of behavior?"

Ishita didn't say anything for a long time then concluded, "I did it for them... they should be the ones grateful that I extended the dates so that they can have time to get my soon-to-be husband out of jail." Since Armaan wasn't in prison, how would they free him? Anjana scratched her head in confusion. 

                                                                     ◦◦,'°.✽✦✽.◦.✽✦✽.°',◦◦

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺