Chapter 44

*** Akali POV ***

The first thing we did was take me to the ER because I was worried I was drugged but... there was nothing that could have led to it. I came home and drank just one bear and there is no other evidence that I was drugged.

Lying in the bed, I can feel Ahri's touch on my shoulder, "I don't know how you always end up in these situations."

"I don't willingly go to them," I sniffle.

"Well. You have a terrible fever and it might just be because you are missing (Y/N) so much and your stress could have led to a total breakdown," she then squeezes my shoulder, "That... and a drunk kid."

"Don't want to talk about it right now."

"Alright," she then asks, "Want me to stay here?"

"Please."

My short answers are mostly because of my own anger. Pissed off beyond understanding but it made falling asleep all the easier. I wasn't hungover and just ended up getting sick because I missed someone too much.

Ridiculous.

I wake up early, watching my phone hoping that he answers me soon, it then starts to ring as I quickly answer it, "Hey, baby."

"Hey, Akali," I hear him yawn into the phone, "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty terrible," I admit with a chuckle, "I actually managed to get sick because I missed you so much."

"What's wrong?" I guess even if I wanted to hide it, I have never been able to hide it in my tone.

"I... we can talk about it when you get back-"

"Now you are making me worry-"

I stop him, "I love you okay but I need you here by me to make sense of it. I don't want it to turn into a situation that makes it harder on you... I won't be home either when you get dropped off so remember to give me a call okay?"

I can hear his voice trembling, "Alright. I trust you, if this is some elaborate way to tell me that it is over then I-"

"It isn't over between us, you did nothing wrong," I chuckle, "I love you, okay?"

"I love you too."

"Is that a good idea?" Ahri asks me, I turn in place to see that she is already dressed, "Lying to him about it."

I shake my head, "No."

She then furrows her brow at me, "Listen, you are really not in the right frame of mind-"

"Drive me?" I ask, "I want to get my stuff."

She takes a deep breath before nodding. She walks me to the car and we drive to the house so that I can get everything that I can fit in a bag and just stay at Ahri's place and then get a house that is up for rent.

Despite my being sick, I am just pissed off.

I reach the place to see Conrad sitting on the steps to the house, I climb out as he doesn't lift his gaze to meet me, I walk past him as he states.

"I am sorry... there is no excuse for doing that even if I was drunk."

I tighten the muscles in my jaw, I ignore him and head straight into the house to see that it is a mess and wasn't touched since I left. I head straight for the room and just throw all my clothes into the bag.

Then heading straight to my bag, I can see Ahri talking to him as I pull my bike out of the garage.

She walks up to me, "He thinks there is going to be a sexual assault hanging over his head," she crosses her arms, "The kid is scared for his future-"

I stop her, "I really don't care, I just want to get away from here. Please?"

She stops me, "Still."

"I have half a mind beating the shit out of him," I then shoot him a glare, "Maybe I should go ahead with it, but whatever. It is my fault for not enforcing that boundary," I climb on the bike, "Sorry... I don't mean to get angry at you."

Ahri looks back at him, "I need to know what you want to do."

"Leave it at that," I state, "I just don't want to deal with it right now."

She nods, "Go ahead," she hands me her house keys, "See you in a bit."

Letting her do what she wants to do. I just make my way to her house just hoping I can put this behind me as quickly as possible - intoxicated or not, it doesn't change anything.