Chapter 14

"You... and Grace?"

Sitting on the couch, I notice his gaze locked onto me as nod slowly, "Yeah. Dunno but it kinda feels like she was trying to be friends but then again I might be a little bit stupid when it comes to picking up signs."

"Friendly doesn't mean in love with you."

I nod again, then give him an unimpressed stare, "I know. I am not that terribly out of touch."

"Well yeah. But what do you think?" tilting my head he sighs, "About Grace? She is kind of cute if you look past the attitude problem... but then again a lot of chicks give me attitude because I rub them the wrong way," he then snickers to himself.

"I am not going to look into it too deeply," I return my gaze back to the TV, "Feels like a trap that I am going to place myself."

He then groans, "It is always going to be a miss if you don't ever try to shoot a shot."

"I have a crippling fear of being shot down."

"Get over it already, no point in being stuck regretting what could have come from it," he then stretches his legs over the couch's arms, "Or are you saying this because you have a celeb crush that you are also not going to act on."

Taking a deep breath before I state, "Wouldn't that be funny... I just don't care as much as I did. It either works out or it doesn't, I'll start chasing when there is something that I can see is worth chasing."

"You just said you are probably dense..." I glance at him as he gives me an annoyed stare.

"Let's hope it is obvious then," I chuckle.

We continue to watch TV as my phone rings, I glance at the name and instantly lift myself to take the call outside on our patio. Sliding the glass door shut behind me I answer the call.

"Hey Akali."

Her tone feels off, "Heya."

"What's up?"

"I said I'd get back at you, remember?" then with a sigh, "Can I ask you a small favor?"

Then walking towards the railing overlooking the backyard, "Anytime. Though I don't think there is much I can do..."

With a weak giggle, "It is nothing too serious," she pauses for a moment before asking, "Can I bunk at yours for the night? Got in a fight with my roommate that I love dearly and would rather let her cooldown before she continues to scold me."

At some point, I heard love and zoned out, almost sure that I was jealous then only to hear her mention her. Though she might be interested in girls... I dunno.

"(Y/N)?"

"Ah sorry I spaced out-"

With a sly giggle, "What are you thinking about?"

Definitely not what you are thinking about - clearing my throat as I state, "Conrad is going to have someone come over in a few... but yeah you can definitely come over if you don't have any other place to go."

"I could always buy a room somewhere if I would be a bother."

Saying quickly, "You wouldn't be a bother. I am just thinking if it would be annoying for you... having to deal with... well-"

"I have dealt with obnoxious. Don't worry," her tone feels somewhat happier now, "I really appreciate it. If I had to buy a room Ahri would have let me move out already."

"Why? Did you do something or?"

"Nothing you need to worry about. K/DA stuff," then in a chipper tone, "See you in a bit, kay?"