Chapter 26

I quickly slip into my room, searching for my phone that I dropped on my bed. I turn instantly to see Akali lay near the edge with her head at the bed's foot. Her hair dangling off the side, she pulls her gaze from her phone to meet my eyes.

"You done playing house?"

"Actually looking for my phone," she purses her lips then points towards my pc, "Oh, thanks."

She rolls over with a grunt, "Oh wait. I want to go shower but I have exactly no clothes on me so I need you to give me something to wear, you don't have to worry about underwear considering I already changed after my little accident this morning."

I stop in place, "Uhh... like a shirt or?"

She nods as if I am the one that's weird, "I mean anything that would fit. I doubt you'd be too keen on me sleeping in my underwe- actually I don't think that will be a problem for you. It's more for everyone else."

"S-sure," the sudden thought of it is sending a lot of signals to my head, I then ask, "We don't have an extra mattress so-"

"I was going to sleep in your bed anyway~" she coos, I glance at her as she is laying on my bed again, her legs crosses and her head in both of her hands as she shoots me a wink, "Come on. I want to take a shower already."

I nod, grabbing anything that suits the description. I didn't know if she wanted shorts or something of the sort so I just put one with the shirt. She lifts herself yet again, grabbing the clothes as I say.

"There is a spare towel, the blue and red one."

"Got it!" she disappears through my room door as I quickly go outside to make sure Matty is fine considering he is sleeping in the living room.

"You okay here?"

He then snarls at me, "I am fine. No need to rub it in, dork."

I chuckle, "There are extra blankets in the backroom if that one doesn't suit your needs. Did you take a shower yet?"

"Yessir."

"Cool, sleep tight."

"Yeah yeah."

I then head straight to the kitchen to grab me a glass of something to drink, hovering in place as I see everyone settling in. Turning off all the lights and locking the doors, I tread back to my room to see Akali busy drying her head on the edge of my bed.

"That was quick."

"I don't shower forever," she states, then peeking at me through her hair, "Hey."

I instinctively smile at her, "Hey," lowering myself next to her, "What happened with Conrad?"

"Nothing you need to stress about. He feels like I am using you for attention but I can understand where that comes from - though I just intend to prove him wrong in hopes to see him eat his words in real-time."

Then lowering the towel around her neck, "So nothing to worry about."

I nod, still not exactly happy about it as I state, "You don't have to go out of your way to be his friend."

"It'll be better if I try," her hand finds mine, tracing her finger over my fingers, "It wouldn't be fun or as nice if I wasn't really allowed to be around, you two would start fighting and I don't want to be the reason you two hate each other. So leave that to me, I'll find a way to befriend him even if he is a little stupid."

I sigh, "I hope it doesn't really come down to anything bad."

She lifts her shoulders, "Nothing we can do," then turning to face me, "Listen here, baby. A lot and I mean a lot of people are going to have their 2cents to say about our relationship and no matter what happens promise me that you will never pay any attention to it."