Chapter 18

"You still look upset," Conrad breathes as we both walk to the university, "She still not responding to your texts."

I give a swift nod, "Not surprising after I spoke before I thought about my words and was probably told to not respond to me."

"Boyfriend?"

"Going to have to ask her about that," I state, not showing my feelings in my expression, "Though I am going to not look too much into it, not my place to know or care about anything like that."

"You gotta be selfish," she nudges his elbow a little too hard for my mood into my side, I finally shoot him a glare as he chuckles, "Lighten up. If you get upset about it now it's because you thought there was something. Guys are like that-"

"I am not upset, you are just annoying probing me with questions I don't want to talk about."

"Just here to ease the tension," he sighs, then trying again with a smile, "You want me to agree with you how stupid it is because you want to complain, or do you just want advice?"

"I am fine," I rub my eyes out as I then sigh with a smile, "I didn't expect anything from it," the fact of the matter is that if you like someone, even a little bit seeing someone else that is close to them and that still stings.

I just admitted to myself that I did end up thinking about that 'scenario'... god I hate myself the most sometimes.

"Now to fill the void with a new crush."

"We hunt for girls, Conrad? I thought you had plenty of them as a slave to your whim," Grace steps closer as she looks at me, "Hey, (Y/N)."

"Hey," I flash a weak smile as Conrad then throws his arm around my neck.

"Since when did you become friends with this woman. Where are your two little lackeys, Toby and Greg finally got sick of being abused by you?"

She ignores him, "What this about crushing?"

I gesture to him with my thumb, "Wants me to go out and find a girl that would like me, or at least in his words fill the void."

"If you have to look then you are clearly doing something wrong," she then tucks both her hands into her jacket's pockets, "Just focus on what is in front of you and it'll work out in its own unique way."

I nod, "Better than his advice."

"Rude," letting go of me as he states, "I'll head on to my classes and I'll see you tonight. Going to take a few twists and turns. Someone wants me to meet up and arrange a little get-together."

He leaves before I could greet him as she sides next to me, practically taking his place, "A girl?"

I shake my head, "Probably Michelle that wants to hold a party."

"Sounds like a pain," she sighs, "Welp if you do end up attending just tell me and the three of us will come with to make sure that Conrad doesn't drug you and a random girl and force both of you into a room."

"That... don't give him ideas."

She giggles, covering her mouth with her hand, "Probably shouldn't, yeah. I promised to hang out with those two during the weekend so if that happens I am going to have to end up dragging them along."

Then asking, "Those two good friends?"

"Long time friends," smiling with a nod, "Those two were pretty much-lost causes in middle school. If someone didn't teach those two how to talk to anyone they might have still been a little hopeless... and less cocky."

"Comes with the experience," I chuckle, "Though Conrad has always been the same."

"Don't know how you live with it."

"Dunno. He hasn't flirted with me before."

She groans, almost in disgust, "He is full of shit. No matter how nice of a front he puts up he will bite someone in the ass whenever he can... take it whichever way you want to. Just... when it comes down to it don't trust him with something you'd never want to trust something to him, he gives in quickly to desires."

"Speaking from experience?" I ask.

She nods, "Kinda."

She then twists her mouth to the side as if to ask something, though just as she got the chance to we were interrupted by both Toby and Gregory. Managing to be a part of the conversation I retreat to my thoughts as we near the classes for the day.

Another day where I feel like just staring emptily at the screen hoping that classes would go by sooner. I feel exhausted.

***   ***   ***

I ended up walking home alone, I knew Conrad was being serious but I expected him to be done by now - must mean he is also disappearing for the night which is good news considering I am not showing up for classes tomorrow.

I only have one and I am ahead with our projects. Been ahead for the past few weeks actually, if I show up I am just going to end up helping everyone else get a higher mark than me because I somehow managed to forget something that will cost me a 100% mark.

I feel my phone buzz, I pull it out as I climb the steps up to our front door. Seeing that she finally replied, I tuck it back in my pockets. Pushing through the door I mutter to myself, "I don't know why... but this feels like a - I'm sick of my previous company so time to get attention somewhere else."

That isn't fair... probably busy or couldn't reach the phone.